Suggest a new feature, an enhancement, a bug, ask a question...

SQLConnect remains "Running postprocessing actions" indefinitely

I have a VS2010 solution with 2 SQL Connect projects. Each project is a database on SQL2008R2. It was all working fine. I checked out the project on a new machine with a fresh VS2010 and SQLConnect installation, changed the projects to point at a new SQL2012 server hosting databases that were restored from backups of the original SQL2008R2 databases and then told SQLConnect to sync the project(s) with the datasbases. It prompted me to select the DB version or the project version for virtually every DB object. I selected DB version in all cases. Everything appeared to sync OK. I closed VS and then re-opened the project and tried to sync again expecting no changes to be detected, but now SQLConnect remains "Running postprocessing actions" indefinitely (over 5 minutes when it used to be under a minute). I don't know if the problem is with the new SQLConnect installation of if it's related to the fact that the project was originally SQL2008R2 and now it's SQL2012. I can't identify any "postprocessing actions". What can I do to get the synchronization to complete the "postprocessing actions"?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David HallDavid Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David HallDavid Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I upgraded SQLConnect a few minutes ago and it's all behaving correctly now. Thanks for the response and solution.

• David HallDavid Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David,
        Thanks for the quick response.

I've emailed you the stack traces from the three threads that I see running RedGate code. Let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Feedback and Knowledge Base