How can we improve SQL Compare?

To be able to configure the default behavior of the 'Include Dependencies' check box

When you create a new project and do a deployment for the first time the 'Include Dependencies' check box is set to true. Can this default behaviour be changed to false ?
OR
Can the user have the option to set the default behaviour

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EddieEddie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had several issues pertaining to this. A while back, I was doing a deployment and only wanted to deploy my changes to our remote DB, and the box was checked making me overwrite a co-worker's changes he had made by accident. Just now I almost lost weeks of work due to the dependencies box being checked and overwriting all of my changes I had made locally while trying to retrieve a couple of my co-worker's changes from our remote DB. Thankfully I had a backup, but I should not have to make sure this box is not checked because it is the default behavior, we should be able to configure it ourselves so that we can choose the default to be unchecked and not deploy the dependencies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an issue for our company several times as we never use 'Include Dependencies'. Since our established projects are all set to false often times people don't pay close enough attention to this screen which ends up causing deployment issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base