How can we improve our Oracle tools?

Options for underlying scripts

Allow us to specify options (like in Schema Compare for Oracle) when creating a Source Control for Oracle project (e.g. we'd like to include storage clauses in the table create scripts)

Note from Red Gate: If you vote on this feature request, it would also be helpful to know what options specifically you'd like to see.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael ChristofidesAdminMichael Christofides (Product Manager, Red Gate) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    arvindarvind shared a merged idea: Source control shoul also include tablespaces  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: One of the things that is missing is the ability to compare tablespaces for objects. I know you can do this, but if you turn on storage you  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get ALL table attributes  ·   · 
    Zak WillisZak Willis shared a merged idea: Check in database storage  ·   · 
    started  ·  Richard MitchellAdminRichard Mitchell (Project Manager, Red Gate) responded  · 

I’ve started to add the options available in Schema Compare to Source Control. The settings need to become more granular and I’m keen on feedback on this feature. So far the settings required I have are…

Ignore Storage

becomes a number of separate options…

Ignore Tablespaces
    Ignore Partitions
    Ignore PCTFREE
    Ignore Other Storage Options (or similar)

Please let me know if you’d like to try out this new feature when it’s available.

Richard Mitchell

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Geoff OsGeoff Os commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you need to ensure you include logging, segment creation options as well.

• Roberto MartinRoberto Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if I could clone a database with your application. ( just adding schema/tablespaces support)

• Mark IllumMark Illum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should allow for the ability to check in individual storage options (for example we want to check in PCTFREE but not other storage options)

• Mark IllumMark Illum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

specifically a new option of ignore PCTFREE, as storage is to broad. We DO want to ignore other storage areas, but WANT to INCLUDE PCTFREE when we check into source controll

• bernard antonukbernard antonuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

indeed...it's not just the storage...it's all the partitioning information including the storage, both for tables and indexes

Feedback and Knowledge Base