Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Windows Authentication for the Deployment Manager Site

Have the ability to use Integrated Windows Authentication to the Deployment manager website

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim JosephJim Joseph shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Chris SmithAdminChris Smith (Admin, Red Gate) responded  · 

We’ve added integrated Windows/Active Directory authentication in today’s release of Deployment Manager (v2.2.0).

Deployment Manager now supports logging in with your windows domain credentials. This means that you no longer need to manage accounts in Deployment Manager itself.

Once you’ve turned this on in the Server Tools config app, when you create new accounts or disable accounts in Active Directory, those changes take effect in Deployment Manager automatically.

Furthermore, any user who is an Windows administrator on the Deployment Manager server machine is given Deployment Manager system administrator rights by default.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris SmithAdminChris Smith (Admin, Red Gate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've added integrated Windows/Active Directory authentication in today's release of Deployment Manager (v2.2.0).

Deployment Manager now supports logging in with your windows domain credentials. This means that you no longer need to manage accounts in Deployment Manager itself.

Once you’ve turned this on in the Server Tools config app, when you create new accounts or disable accounts in Active Directory, those changes take effect in Deployment Manager automatically.

Furthermore, any user who is an Windows administrator on the Deployment Manager server machine is given Deployment Manager system administrator rights by default.

• Bart ReadBart Read commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to generalise this and ask for both AD and LDAP authentication support.

Feedback and Knowledge Base