Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Allow us to configure how the applications directory on the target machine should be maintained

We were all of a sudden running short on disk space on a couple of our test servers - hm, what's going on here? Eventually I realized that the applications directory, e.g. C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\DeploymentAgent\Applications, had grown considerably.

It's great to have easy access to all previous versions of deployed applications in the applications directory, but perhaps you could add some maintenance options for this directory, such as "keep x number of versions" or "delete versions that are older than x days"?

(Ok, the servers in questions are virtual and it's super easy to add some more storage, but nevertheless... :-) )

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mattias GMattias G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Sean NewhamAdminSean Newham (Admin, Red Gate) responded  · 

We’ve completed a feature that solves your storage problem.
    We keep track of all new deployments, monitor what is live and on the purge deployments page, allow you to delete old deployments.
    The feature is smart under the hood and works out that something might be used or partly used for you. If this isn’t enough, we’d love to hear from you.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going to be something we can get via an update, or have to wait for a major version for?

• Andrew TimsonAndrew Timson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's going to be manual, the security for this should be separate from the deployment security. (That is, someone may not be able to deploy to production, but they should be allowed to clean up the packages for the Project.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base