Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Add --deployFrom flag to DeploymentManager.exe, or support project grouping

We currently have a large number of related projects in DM. When we build a project a release matching the build version is created and deployed to our test environment - Works a treat.

The problem is if I want to deploy all the changes into another environment I have to manually select each project in DM.

It would be nice if either:
* DeploymentManager.exe had a flag to deploy from one environment to another environment so I could script the deployment in our CI
* The DM GUI could group projects and give users the option to batch deploy

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

DeploymentManager.exe already has a ‘deploy-release’ command, which allows you to deploy an existing release of a project to an environment. The concept of deploying from one environment to another doesn’t really make sense for DM, because you deploy a release to an environment, not copy from one environment to another.

Example command line:
    DeploymentManager.exe deploy-release —server={dm_server_address} —apiKey={dm_api_key} —project=“My Project” —version=1.0.2 —deployto=Staging

For more information on the command line arguments, run:
    DeploymentManager.exe help deploy-release

If this meets your CI needs, I’ll close this request. If you’d still like the project grouping/batch deploy feature from the UI, please submit a separate uservoice request for it.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michael,

I have opened 'Add support for project grouping/batch deployment'.

Cheers,
        Mark

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deploying an existing release of a project to an environment would work fine, but I am not aware of any way to pull the currently deployed release in a project environment via the command line.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, but our CI system is ignorant of what versions are running in different environments, it just builds the software, and pushes the new release to test.

Personally I would prefer to see support for project grouping/batch deployment, as that would allow better support in general for our type of system (multi-host-multi-project but "single system"). I suspect that would be a considerably larger development effort though.

You guys are doing a great job, love the product.
        Cheers,
        Mark

Feedback and Knowledge Base