Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Change summary

I would like to be able to see what changes went in since the last release. This obviously should only be available for source controlled projects but would be very useful to see what's in a new package compared to the previous one.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reka BurmeisterReka Burmeister shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin CaldicottAdminJustin Caldicott (Admin, Red Gate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it always the changes between packages that you would be interested in? How would you expect this to work?

It could potentially stamp the package with the source control revision number or GUID. Then when it comes to reporting on these, we scan the source control system to work it out. This of course means Deployment Manager would need to have access to your source control system.

Alternatively we could store the changes in the package in some fashion. This could avoid Deployment Manager needing to talk to the source control system. When reporting on these, we would need to scan the packages to collect changes. It also means the packages would need to be kept around.

Another approach could be to include all changes in every package. This would make package creation slower, but would mean each package could be used independently.

Feedback and Knowledge Base