Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Please improve performance on the Red Gate nuget feed in DM.

The built-in feed is convenient to use with RgPublish and the SSMS add-in, BUT is not indexed. We have many packages to publish and often creating a release is frustrating because the lookup of the packages often times out. We tried using the NuGet Gallery, but it is not recognized by DM at all (400 error). No amount of settings tweaking makes any difference. Other Nuget feeds are commercial and suffer from nebulous settings and problems operating with DM. For example, often they require an APIKEY to push that is not a parameter for the SSMS add-in.

In short, we would prefer to use the built-in feed in DM, but we are suffering here!

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff TuckerJeff Tucker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris SmithAdminChris Smith (Admin, Red Gate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have started looking at the performance issues of the embedded feed and are currently benchmarking it's performance and possible alternatives.

In the meantime, I notice that Jeff mentioned in his 'idea' that one problem with using an alternative nuget feed is that the Deployment Manager SSMS Add-in does not allow the specification of an API Key. I'm pleased to report that we added that ability to the SSMS Add-in version 1.1.1.968 (released on 5th December, 2013). You will now be prompted to enter an API key if your NuGet feed requires one.

In any case, we'll continue to look into improving the embedded feed and will let you know when we have something for you.

• CallonCallon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with the above. Please improve the performance of DM feed. We find ourselves going into the DM server and having to cleanup old feeds. Granted, this is a good idea, but with the amount of packages we have, we can only retain about a 3 week window before everything starts to timeout.

Feedback and Knowledge Base