Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Cancel deployment

This just occurred to me this morning as I sleepily clicked through my usual deployment process, like a good droid. However, I forgot to untick the database deploy part. After the realisation hit me all I could do is stare in horror at the screen, looking for a cancel button and hoping that it will not do something bad to my database that I really didn't want to touch.

I don't think it would be useful to be able to cancel steps that have already started however I would love a cancel facility that would skip all subsequent steps.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reka BurmeisterReka Burmeister shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mattias GMattias G shared a merged idea: Make it possible to manually stop currently running deployments in the web interface  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Iain ElderIain Elder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this to give us a way to recover from a runaway deployment.

If a deployment script enters an infinite loop, we kill the deployment process using administrator tools like Stop-Process and Stop-Service.

It's disruptive for our release engineering team and can interrupt deployments that are otherwise successful.

I described my own experience in the forum:

http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?p=66808

Feedback and Knowledge Base