How can we improve SQL Source Control?

right-click context menu

often when right-clicking an object in the Object Explorer, instead of seeing the menu, one of the SQL Source Control objects is 'automatically' selected and triggered.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AaronAaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Michael ChristofidesMichael Christofides responded  · 

Hi Aaron,
    Are you still seeing this? It sounds strange and not something I’m aware of. If you believe it to be SQL Source Control related please do get in touch with further details to help us reproduce. The easiest way is probably to submit a support request: http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home

Michael

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay... it turns out that all of our right clicks on our mouses were faulty and were doing double right-clicks. Once we switched out our mouse the issue went away. Doesn't look like it's a RedGate bug at all. Hope this information helps someone out.

• Sam VangSam Vang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm that my coworkers and I have been experiencing this bug as well. It *looks* like an issue where immediately after right-clicking an object in the Object Explorer, a left-click command is sent to the window. The sudden window that pops up varies because it depends on where your mouse is currently positioned immediately after your right-click.

Please keep us updated on this issue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base