How can we improve SQL Prompt?

2014 ctp2 support

please add support for sql 2014 ctp2, i'm already using it and im sure others are as well and quite frankly i've grown very accustomed to using sql prompt that it became quite hard to work without it.

i hope you can add the support really soon

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael ChristofidesAdminMichael Christofides (Product Manager, Red Gate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Chris,

CTP2 support has been marked as complete in this SQL Prompt forum, but we are yet tom implement it in many Red Gate tools, including SQL Data Compare.

We will be working on SQL Data Compare 2014 support after SQL Compare, along with many other tools. We will also be testing and implementing RTM support once that comes out. You should continue to see releases to our tools over the coming weeks and months with ever increasing support for SQL Server 2014:
        http://www.red-gate.com/our-company/about/news/

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does the fact this request is marked as completed mean that SQL 2014 CTP2 is now supported? I just tried using SQL Data Compare 10 and it failed on the first step - ExecuteReader: CommandText property has not been initialized. I of course checked for updates first.

• Brent McCrackenBrent McCracken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too find that I'm slowed down by not able to use SQL Prompt in SQL2014. CTP2 is production ready so Red Gate, you can safely develop against this. At least please take the blocker off so it will work - I can accept it won't pickup all the new DMV's.

Feedback and Knowledge Base