Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

23 results found

1. Please provide an option for Source Control to make the check-in comment a mandatory field for all commits to a repository. Commits/check-ins without comment should be rejected. With the current Version of Source Control (5.3.1.2355) it is possible to commit changes without a comment to a git repository in Azure DevOps - even though a local git repository doesn't allow to commit without a message.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if you would produce/migrate this product(SQL DOC) over to the Oracle environment! I have used it before in the SQL Server realm, but now in a new job that is an Oracle shop... Would be nice to have this tool here as well!
    Thanks in advance,
    Kevin Orcutt

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Schema Doc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From our understanding, this is available in SQL Developer:
    To generate documentation (in HTML format (comparable to Javadoc for Java classes) about a schema, right-click the connection name in the Connections navigator display and select Generate DB Doc. To view the generated documentation, open the index.html file in the output directory that you specified.
    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35137_01/appdev.32/e35117/intro.htm#RPTUG45343

3. I have 2 current opportunities with a couple of the largest company's in the US/UK for Oracle-to-SQL Server migration for both and synchronization for 1. This is a big space to get into, but judging from experience with Red Gate in the SQL Server space, I think Red Gate can grab significant market share from the likes of GoldenGate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the product idea. At Redgate we favour tools that have repeat use cases. Platform migration tools are often used once or twice and then shelved. Also, for obvious reasons there are always decent free options provided by the platform vendors.

4. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Once upgraded to new version all my existing projects became invalid, would be nice if they all still worked. Then if I try to remove more than 1 the application hangs and I have to kill it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is there any plan to support three way merging? Right now DCO is more like pushing or copying then merging. Hopefully Red Gate can support three way merging to make it more useful.

Steps
    - Schema A, B, and C are all same.
    - Change data in schema B, also change data in schema C
    - Now do three way comparison, and merge changes back from B to A, and also C to A.
    (Optionally, we can push changes back to B, C to make all A, B, and C same again)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

We have no plans for this change. It would mean far too major changes to the engine and UI and the way the tool can work.

This could be done currently via the command line and running a series of comparisons one after the other.

(Also, we plan to rewrite the command line this year to make it more useful as currently the Data Compare one requires project files generated by the UI to work)

7. and maybe other Oracle tools in addition to Source Control. I attempted to connect with a full service name e.g. XYZ.my.domain.gov
    and it said the SID was invalid. Well, umm, yes, because it is a SERVICE name not an SID, but perfectly legitimate in an Oracle connection nonetheless. This is related to the EZCONNECT suggestion I also posted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If there is no oracle client install and located by the software then we can only connect via a sid. Often it can be issue with having a x64 client but running the x86 tool

8. A very small wish....

When I start the program, a dialog-window with the latest project worked on is shown. That is good as long as this often is the project I shall work on.

But could you please add a "Open project"-button on this dialog.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Source Control for Oracle does not seem to respect svn:ignore property. Please include that in a future release s owe can exclude test tables, procedures, and the like.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The upcoming release adds a feature called “object filtering” which can be set on a project level and stored in source control. With this you can exclude whole object types or just objects that “contain” a substring e.g. “Test_” you can then override the exclude with another “contain” string setting e.g. “Test_Important” should too much be excluded.

It’s got a simple UI accessed via the right-click menu on the main projects screen.

10. Provide an option to allow Schema Compare for Oracle to execute serially. I am frequently, but not always, getting a Memory Exception when using Schema Compare for Oracle. The error always occurs during the “Registering database one” and “Registering database two steps”. These steps always run in parallel. It also always occurs during the “Populating table columns” part of the step. If I could run this serially, I think these errors would go away.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Refresh afte commit changes show incorrect changes with context index on xmltype column.

For example:
    create table t1(col xmltype);

create index idxtest on t1(col)
    indextype is ctxsys.context
    parameters ('datastore ctxsys.default
    datastore
    filter ctxsys.nullfilter
    section group ctxsys.auto
    section_group
    sync (on commit) memory 16m');

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve confirmed this issue and raised it as OSC-357 unfortunately as it was an anonymous submission I can’t respond to you directly.

I’ve declined this as a feature as it’s a bug report

12. Hi,

I am developing on my local machines and then deploy to my customer's development machines. I am deploying at least 2 to 3 times a day to at least 2 different databases.

Every time I do this I get the OCP selection box, cancel, select the OCP file I need, click on compare, click on the differences I want to deploy, click on deploy, click on next (I always deploy directly to the destination), click on deploy now, click on are you sure.

I'm sure this can be streamlined and simplified. Don't use modal dialog boxes on top of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,

First, thanks for this tool. It has been a life saver for me.

Secondly, everytime I do a compare it requests to save changes to the ocp file. Everytime I sit there and think about whether I changed anything or not. Most often I haven't.

It would make life easier if it didn't prompt every time.

Regards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A project is modified if you change the selections to deploy as these are stored with the project.

14. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object is displayed and Schema Compare stops. It would be better if it were possible to continue beyond this error and just have a logfile of errors with details of the objects that failed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The problem with supporting this is that once the first error happens (e.g. failing to populate a table) the errors snowball (now the view that uses that table fails, the index for that table also fails) to such an extent that it’s very difficult to find the first failure.

Submitting error reports to us is the best way to get fixes.

15. Please note I am on version 2.x beta:

There appears to be some issues when mixing and matching the following options "use source control version" and "database version". When I tried to check my changes in on the check-in tab i received an error "check-in failed some objects were out of date. Review changes and check in again". Tried to submit this as an error with the report button but I get a System.NullReferenceException.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. in order to restrict the scope of rows to compare, it is often necessary to join the real table under examination with another, rather than just a standard "where" clause.

allow use of joins with conditions

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can perform complex WHERE clauses related to other tables by using other forms for example.

ID in (select OTHERID from OTHERTABLE)

Hopefully this workaround is satisfactory.

17. when migrating indexes in schema compare,bitmap indexes on a partitioned table fail - local clause missing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have to turn off “ignore storage” to copy partition information from one database to another. I am in the progress of making this option more granular.

If you are submitting a bug report support@red-gate.com is the best way.

18. Would be nice to be an option to customize the folder names and the object types related to this folders, same for the file extensions.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid this is too large a change to the structure of the engine to be supported.

19. 54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This item will be closed. You can now use Mercurial by using “Working folder” which saves changes to disk and allows you to use external tools to commit and retrieve your changes. This requires use of your own Mercurial client tool, but feedback indicates that this is preferred as it grants more control over commits and pushes, and allows atomic commits. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

20. It would be useful to support files with different extensions, either by allowing to configure ignored extensions (all other will be treated as sql) or by allowing to configure extensions for specific types of objects.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What scenario are you trying to support here? We only support comparing to sql that we have generated initially and we always save the files ending in .sql.

It may work against arbitrary sql files (and I tend to fix issues when they’re reported) but it’s not something we “support”.

Without further information I’m closing this request.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?