Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

8 results found

1. As with Schema compare tool, Data compare Tool should generate an interactive report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, i have a question about interactive html report file. Maybe it is possible to add buttons in it like in schema compare for jumping between changes, because now its not really comfortable to navigate, when you have to scroll and find one change on big file. And finally you find that there is the difference only on space or tab. Also maybe it is possible to have alignment of code not on left side, but like in database - that spaces, tabs wouldn't be removed.

Here is the link where i got answered to this question. But he just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Schema Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using the interactive html report currently a new folder for each new report is generated containing the exact same images. There should just be a general images folder by all reports. Alternatively there should also be an option to use images from redgate website remotely. This would make it easier to send out differences reports as e-mail.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you put a and interactive-html-report and its images folder underneath htdoc of an http-server, the images fail to show in Firefox while working fine in Internet-Explorer. This can be fixed easily by changing function SetupImagesDir() :
    instead of the currently generated backslash:
    imagesdir = reportFileName + "images\";
    use forward slash:
    imagesdir = reportFileName + "
    images\/";

In my tests this works in both IE and FF both via direct file and http-server.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are hoping to soon update the report entirely to be more consistent with the report generated by SQL Compare, the SQL Server sister tool. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions on what the report should show.

5. after doing a schema compare which ran fine .. the report has several rendering issues (icons) . the big issue is this report contains three sections (different, create, drop) .. expanding second section (create) will not to scroll past second section .. cannot see third section when second section is expanded

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Brian Tufnell responded

We’ve not received any more feedback on this issue so we’re closing it for now. If you’d like to provide more info in the future, please email oracle@red-gate.com or post a message on the Schema Compare support forum.

6. When generating a schema compare report there is the option to "Also include identical objects". When you choose that you get again ALL object types of identical objects. I want to be able to include only the identical objects of the filtered object type, which is possible for differing objects via choosing "Objects selected for deploment". I think objects excluded by filter should also be excluded in the report, no matter what.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add further granularity to the number of rows to include when generating a HTML report. Currently the user can choose to "Only include first 1000 rows" or including all rows.

Please add further options to select:
    Only include first 10 rows.
    Only include first 1000 rows.
    Only include 'x' number of rows.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please note I am on version 2.x beta:

There appears to be some issues when mixing and matching the following options "use source control version" and "database version". When I tried to check my changes in on the check-in tab i received an error "check-in failed some objects were out of date. Review changes and check in again". Tried to submit this as an error with the report button but I get a System.NullReferenceException.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?