Suggest a new feature or enhancement...

Make release removable

Add an option to delete particular release. There is no such option currently.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander M. BatishchevAlexander M. Batishchev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CallonCallon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great work, but if the release is deleted, I don't care to see it on the dashboard anymore.

• Michael WoffendenMichael Woffenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just ran across this. I made some steps changes after creating the release. Now I see "This deployment won't have the latest changes to the project steps and/or variables. Create a new release". Would love to be able to DELETE this obsolete release.

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Top-level administrators should be able to delete/soft-delete a release in the system. I understand the importance of audit, but there is no reason we shouldn't have the OPTION if needed. Give us the tools, and let us worry about how to manage trust and change control.

There is going to be a ramp-up period where releases are going to be created and tested, even in production systems, we don't want those hanging around. There are going to be rejected build candidates that we have no intention of saving, and if our respective change control processes allow for that, we should have that option.

You guys are doing an excellent job by the way!

• Lee HullLee Hull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can think of a few reasons...

- Archiving old releases
        - Bad releases - riddled with bugs
        - Removing releases that did not deploy, had error
        - I also have some releases that I created when setting it up, but is in the system permenantly

• GoHuskersGoHuskers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please. I am evaluating the product and currently have 20+ junkie releases. I want to delete these and restart fresh but no-can-do. I don't want to UNINSTALL the software just to see if these releases will be erased.

• RaghunandanRaghunandan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please...
        Releases should be cleaned up - as it unnecessarily piles up before Pre-prod or prod push.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be a big feature added that involves "Clean-up" of all kinds of things. Deleting history and old releases. In our environment I want to keep maximum last 5 releases to production.

Feedback and Knowledge Base