DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Need the ability to assign Version numbers by database not across the entire instance as we monitor multiple unrelated DBs within the same instance, and be able to re-use version numbers. This may mean adding a custom grouping to selected DBs in the instance.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show find change history of single objects, (who, when and what has changed on an explicit object.)

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page automatically refreshes while reviewing schema changes and makes it difficult to review changes. Please include an option to disable refresh on the difference review pages, e.g.: localhost:19528/#/differences/DbObservations-483

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We installed DLM Dashboard yesterday and set up 26 databases to be monitored by it. In doing so, it needs to check the current schema on each of these databases. Several of them are still in a "Checking Schema..." state.
    I am proposing either a way to click and see where it is at with checking the schema or even a percentage complete estimate so we know when the tool should be "ready".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to be able to sort the drifts to the top of the dashboard instead of always having them in alphabetical order. I believe that the reason you are going to the dashboard is to see the drifts, so they're the most important items and I'd like to see mine up top instead of scrolling down to find them all.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to select some of the changes listed and have a change report created like you can create in SQL Compare. I would then be able to save this report locally so that I can email it to my team to ask about the changes.

This is would be very helpful when team members are allowed to make changes to the dev schema, but don't always make the best design choices.

141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. the ability to view all changes since a certain date would allow a DBA to migrate or roll back schema changes

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I know we can filter schema changes via a file as here:

http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/DDB1/Using+filters

However, it'd be much easier to deal with if we had some UI around this which would generate the config that DLM Dashboard would use transparently.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. On the dashboard you can see how many changes that has been done by a particular user in a database. I think it would be great if you could filter the view on changes per user in the same way as another suggestion posted here: that you should be able to filter the dashboard on object level.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to Redgate work with the Netezza platform.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why are there limitations on number of projects? We have dozens!!!

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Richard Macaskill responded

The latest release 1.6.2 of DLM Dashboard now supports up to 50 database,

Note: Previous status update was an error.

12. The dev database is going to be drifting frequently, and we don't need an email every time that happens. But we definitely want to know when prod is changed. We would like to turn on notifications per environment, or per database.
    We may also want one person notified if Project A changes, and another notified about Project B.

109 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve not implemented this feature quite yet. In the mean time if you’re on SQL Lighthouse v1.1.10 we do now show project and environment in the notification email subject. Hopefully that helps set up filters as a stop gap

13. We have several Azure SQL Databases. It would be great to be able to monitor those too.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. While viewing the differences, it would be valuable to be able to expand\collapse the changes so devs can see a list of changes, then expand to see what those changes were...

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show host name so dba can knwon the workstation where the change was made.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. So my install is on a satalite environment, I can access it via IP from anywhere but not by DNS name (granted I could use a host file entry on every machine I use but who wants to do that?).

I would like to be able to change the URL base just like I can in SQL Monitor.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would it be possible to use an existing database instead of creating a new RedGate database? I already have a management database on each server, it would more sense to me to use that instead of having to create a new RedGate database on every server I want to track.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The biggest PITA of all in RedGate Source Control is everyone having to each configure each database. It would be WONDERFUL if those configuration settings for Source Control could be set in the SAME database as SQL Lighthouse so that not everyone needs to configure them!

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be really nice if Lighthouse had the ability to push change notification to external systems, e.g. Slack.
    This could either be acomplished with a http post functionality, or with a general powershell script support.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re currently thinking about the best way of implementing this. I’ve actually just blogged about how you can integrate DLM Dashboard with many other services / systems using the existing email notifications system and Zapier (http://blog.red-gate.com/dlm-dashboard-and-service-integration/). I’d love to hear what kind of use cases you have, and also whether the email/zapier approach addresses these at all?

20. the email should list which sql object actually changed. not just 1 table name, but the actual table name

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?