DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Looks like you're using RavenDB to store change acknowledgements etc. Would be SO much easier if you used Sql then power users like myself could automatically mark certain changes as kosher without you guys having to write code to do it.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re considering how to make the data we have more available and extensible, so that you can use it elsewhere. Please add any comments you have to this thread to continue the discussion

2. I ran into a scenario where I added 4 databases to the dashboard (dev/test/pre-prod/prod), where dev and test where identical, and pre-prod and prod were identical (changes hadn't progressed past test yet).

When adding the databases, the dev database was labeled as "(local)\dev on <date>". Then, adding the test database, it was detected as the same as dev, so it got the label "(local)\dev on <date>", as they were identical. The same issue happened with pre-prod and prod.

This seemed confusing and misleading - I ended up raising a support issue as it appeared to be a bug.

I suggest…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Amazon RDS does not support server level triggers, so needs an alternative mechanism to detect the changes, e.g. a database level trigger

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Centralize the Red Gate Database, DDL and SP scripts only on the monitoring server. All the monitored DBs will be pointing to this centralize DB and no need to create red gate DB and scripts on each monitored server

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Management is curious about what is changing and who all are changing the database. They also want to know that unintentional changes are minimized. So, a print of history over a specific period of time will be helpful

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Perhaps I'm not using this correctly but I need to update multiple dbs to a certain schema. Ideally I'd use the same name in the field "Name this schema" when I'm reviewing the change so I can track that the dbs are indeed at the same schema version. Or perhaps there's another way to do this?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The dashboard spots when two databases have the same schema. If you name it on one database then the dashboard should automatically give the name to your second database. If it’s not doing so then you may have uncovered a bug in the tool – please could you email dlmdashboardsupport@red-gate.com and we can work out what’s happening?The dashboard spots when two databases have the same schema. If you name it on one database

7. I'm attempting to setup the TeamCity integration with DLM Dashboard, and I am running into authentication issues, ie 401 Unauthorized (this has been raised as a support issue).

As a more general idea though, I suggest that things like the TeamCity integration should be done using API keys, The way OctopusDeploy does it is good if you want something to take inspiration from.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd like a way to auto-upgrade quickly to latest version, like the other Redgate tools

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would it be possible to enhance the summary to behave like a navigation index? Something like:

Objects changed since DATABASE's schema on 3/1/2015
    - Tables (2)
    - Table1
    - Table2
    - Procedures (2)
    - Proc1
    - Proc2
    + Functions (1)

Then if I click on one particular object it will jump to that object's script.

Right now we have to scroll all way down in order to get to a particular object's script.

Thanks,

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. t would be nice to have the functionality to create ONE FILE containing ALL the changes that have been done to cause a certain drift in the database version. I noticed currently it gives me the option to download a file for each change done individually, but very often these changes can amount to quite a large number, and having to download hundreds of files is not really practical.
    Having all the changes "downloadable" as one file would be a huge benefit.
    Adding more to that functionality, as I've already seen people suggested: to have the option to "pick and…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrating the dashboard with an option to push any of the items that drifted in a database to a Git repository (or other brand of SC) would be incredibly helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi! I would like to see who made the change in the email alert.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide more info in the email alert to avoid having to open the website

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice if the drift comparison could be exported to PDF or HTML in the same way that the Red Gate SQL compare does.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. One of our applications uses around 14 databases. I don't need to see them all separately. I just need to know if any of those databases has changed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We run only SQLServer 2005 instances, so I am not even able to try this product.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to be able to acknowledge a state as being ok, without having to give it a name.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. E.g. each user who mades the changes can approve his/her own changes in the snapshot.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm not sure I like the Project >> Environment >> Server >> Database hierarchy.

The way the check works doesn't make sense to me with the suggested categorization hierarchy.

If I have a project (P1), with an environment (Prod), a server (S1), and 3 databases (D1, D2, D3). All of these databases are part of the same project (P1).

Then another environment of (Dev) with the same databases on another server. I want to compare the respective Dev D1 to the respective Prod D1. That's how it logically organizes to me.

I add the databases that way and it will…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re planning to improve the way you can organize database later this year. The current projects mechanism is limited. Please do leave us any comments with your thoughts on how we can make this better

20. If the setup script is executed manually the service accounts should not need to have sysadmin access. Today it requires that access because it is mandatory to validate the objects existence before the server is added.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?