DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Add ability to tag a change with user-defined tags. Examples can be development tasks or projects that the changes relate to, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We use tempDB extensively, creating tables, deleting tables and building indexes. It creates a lot of noise in the Event table. The trigger should exclude DDL activity in tempDB from being written to the Event table.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi! Some times I'm receiving an email for each change in any object in same Environment/Database, if my team modified 3 stored procedures I received 3 emails, but some times I'm receiving only one email...
    It depends of the difference of time between each change.. or depending of the user... ?
    What is the criteria to group the changes in email alerts for the same Environment/Database?
    So my idea is to have something to edit this feature.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would very much prefer "silent" notification, instead of an email.
    I guess it would require a server side component, but benefits are also, that all team members could get immediate notification this way.
    Like TFS, the icon in the tray area, could shift icon/color, when troubles are discovered.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move the C:\ProgamData folder for lighthouse to another drive to save space.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to be able to mark certain states as being milestones. These are important states that I'd like to see a history of

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of showing 'schema not recognized' automatically generate a name for that state, for example a version number like v1, v2, v3 etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When you add a server could you create an SQL Account for the application to use? This would assign the basic minimum permissions that are needed. This should be fairly easy as the set up has to be done by someone with sysadmin to the server. The details could be stored in the RedGate database, against the server with the password encrypted or hashed.
    Then when you add a database it could create a role and add the application account to the role as part of the setup to make it quicker.

This would streamline the setup procedure, but you…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically scan a database for schema drift upon database restore. SQL Server logs should be able to trigger that response instead of a periodic scan.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to see server level config changes be recorded, with information like before and after config values and who made the change. Items like min/max memory, etc.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can the system trace what changes propogated from Dev, to UAT to PROD. If it finds more than 50% change between Dev to UAT - that is acceptable; when it finds nearly 100% code similarty between UAT and PROD, it would be good to trace what changes finally moved from Dev to PROD.. Now we are adding this in the title.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We run 1 database per customer and are constantly adding databases, they follow a specific naming convention.

Having some way to auto add those databases to environments would help, or at a minimum alerting there are unmonitored databases on a server.

As an idea auto add based on

1) based on naming convention filters for database name

2) We would happily add a redgate table to our schema with an entry to specify environment etc for auto pickup

3) Schema is within X % of other databases of same type

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tie into Versions of a project inside JIRA to track an application through the life cycle.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Finding changes in long procedures is very difficult. Would be easier if at the top you had a Next/Previous change button which would scroll to where the changes are on the page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If the database creation fails, the DDL trigger still gets created but fails when any schema changes are made. You can't rerun the installation script as the creation of a database fails, therefore the installation script should check for and delete the DLL trigger or if the script fails, the DDL trigger should be deleted/

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we have all the DATABASE SUMMARIZED VIEW shown on the dashboard without scrolling. Maybe do some re-positioning of the groups might work. THis will be useful at NOC where things are being monitored.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If the DDL trigger is deleted or disabled the process stops notifying me of the change. I would expect that the dashboard would alert me that it is not monitoring the database - perhaps on a periodic basis - perhaps also offer me the option to check for drift on demand in that case?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We would like to see an email if something changed in the estate (as opposed to an email for each DB) We have 70+ dbs.. and when doing an upgrade an email suggested drift occurred would be more useful than 70 emails.

Also.. we were kind of hoping we could see given one database which ones match it... Or basically showing groupings by matching schemas... (This would help us keep an overall view)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to be able to launch SQL Compare to compare two different versions from within the dashboard

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I don't want to put a DDL trigger on my database server. I want to have an 'update' button in the dashboard that lets me manually check specific database instances for changes.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?