DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. When acknowledging changes, it appears that you can't use the same schema name across databases in different categories.

Example:

Development
    MYDB
    Save schema named '01/09/2018'

Production
    MYDB
    Save schema named '01/09/2018'
    ** Result in error "There is already a schema saved with this name."

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Our test environment can't see live, however we do get daily DACPACs from LIVE. Would it be possible to select a folder to use as 'live' rather than a server so we can compare to the Live DACPAC rather than the server?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like a way to enter an object name (stored proc, table,...) and see the changes that have occurred over a specific time frame whether or not the changes have been accepted.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This polling process creates a fair amount of network traffic over time and for bandwidth limited remote sights that can cause an issue. Having ability to control how often (and when) schema changes are checked would go a long way in reducing this issue

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Our security policy requires that no user account have access to both dev/test and live instances. Anyone who has any business looking at both has separate accounts. This also applies to our service accounts - service accounts for live are not allowed access to test, and vice versa.

Rather than going through a very lengthy process with our security people (and auditors), it would make our lives much easier if we could either specify a different Windows account to use for a given SQL Server instance, or alternatively if one Dashboard front-end could display change data gathered from multiple monitoring…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I use IP addresses for dev/qa servers. Having a friendly name would be helpful at a glance

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi Redgate Team,

I would like to report a bug. I am running the latest version of DLM Dashboard at the time of this post. I have added many databases to the dashboard. I have decided I no longer need to monitor one of those databases so I went to the configuration tab and removed it completely. However, it is still showing up on my dashboard. When I click on it, it does not give me any information. I would expect this database to disappear from the dashboard after removing its configuration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I just did a new release which had a lot of changes in it. Now I can't acknowledge those change because the refresh rate of the system is to tight. Either need to be able to turn it off for a bit or change the rate so that I have time to put a version number and comment in and click acknowledge.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be useful if the changed objects could be listed without the T-SQL code being displayed.
    Some form of a toggle switch so that the code could be hidden/displayed would suffice

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There must be many users that would want to migrate the entire installation and history to a new host. But we can not find any help on this.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The screen is constantly refreshing, and will refresh away before I'm done entering my comments. This is very frustrating!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SQL Agent job tracking - I would love a way to add the master database. If simple alerts can be sent on drifts for agent job changes it would be fantastic.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The 50 database limit makes this product a non-starter in our shop. We have over 300 databases that need monitoring. We would even be willing to pay for a 'Pro' version of this product if this limitation was removed.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If there are differences the system could suggest that a schema compare be done on the databases.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the ability in the User configuration to setup a user login and password. Being able to access DLM from remote servers requires that we be able to specify a login and password, but the servers are not linked in AD so we cannot login. Only windows logins to local DLM server works. If we could add a user and password this would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be extremely beneficial to be able to send schema information to DLM Dashboard as part of an Octopus deployment, as otherwise every change to our integration database is being marked as a drift, even when the code has come through our CI process and deployed via Octopus. Ideally it would work just as the TeamCity one does - marking the changes as an update from continous integration.

This makes the Dashboard far less useful for us as we can never know, without manual intervention, what version of the schema is in a given database at one time.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Schema Version Name field should be wider. We are using labeld GIT Version Numbers including the latest commit SHA Hash ti identify a unique version. This combination looks like that:
    "5.1.2-alpha.44+Branch.dev.Sha.0dfb474d340d9a0c0aa4015204860c19122192bb"
    I would like to add this information as schema version name, but I can't.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DLM Dashboad should have compatibility to use other database. Most of Time DBA has their own database to store their scripts. would be better if this feature gets added.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?