DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. We tried DLM Dashboard, but it doesn't work the way I hoped. I would love to authenticate only one standard database. Then DLM Dashboard can automatically show other related database's drift against the standard database. Instead, we have to approve each database's drift. I really hope DLM Dashboard can develop these kind of functions.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We installed DLM Dashboard yesterday and set up 26 databases to be monitored by it. In doing so, it needs to check the current schema on each of these databases. Several of them are still in a "Checking Schema..." state.
    I am proposing either a way to click and see where it is at with checking the schema or even a percentage complete estimate so we know when the tool should be "ready".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can some comparison options be added to DLM Dashboard to filter out things like NOT FOR REPLICATION? I feel we should have the same control as SQL Compare

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I downloaded DLM and am super excited to begin using it. My only question/contention is the requirement of the Redgate database. I'm a developer with dbowner role in an existing database, but I don't have privileges to create new databases. So in future editions, expanding this software to be compatible/configurable with a database the developer chooses would be a home run! Thanks and all the best

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suppress common event types that are not going to be actionable and frequently seen due to maintenance.

These cause extra traffic and fill the history without benefit.

Something like:
    DECLARE @eventdata XML = EVENTDATA();
    DECLARE @eventType SYSNAME = @EventData.value('(/EVENTINSTANCE/EventType)[1]', 'nvarchar(128)')
    IF (@eventType NOT IN ('ALTER
    INDEX', 'UPDATE_STATISTICS'))
    BEGIN

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When the Email Alert is sent, allow the recipient to respond with an Acknowledgement via interface from within the email.

For example, when the email is received that "DB has drifted", the email should provide a quick form for the recipient which mimics the Acknowledge interface from within DLM Dashboard. The goal would be to allow quick acknowledgement from the email itself, rather than having to access the UI.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When the SQL Object "code" is really wide, it exapands the entire web page to the point of not seeing the "NOW" portion of the window. Can you add scrollbars at the bottom of the WAS and NOW portion of the web page for each SQL Object change?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can you add the ability to track user permission changes at the database level?
    Example: I temporary give Joe write access to the database. I can accept the change in DLM Dashboard with the reason why the change was made in permissions.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I only want to see database drift if it is not in the previous pipeline environment. We have valid changes going in to our environments all the time through our CI process, I just wanted to see those changes that happen outside of that (which would be any change that has not been applied previously in the pipeline)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The installation script should allow the DBA to configure how many events (rows) are stored/retained in the DDL_Events table. As-is, the install script checks for row-count over 512, and if so, deletes the last 420 rows. This should be configurable by the DBA, especially if he/she wants to be able to examine the "raw" event data written to the table instead of / in addition to using the Dashboard GUI.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. etsa oum gre he nouck vra oum kclouck ok !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to have multiple email addresses notified when a change is made and allow notifications to be configured at a database level

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need the ability to assign Version numbers by database not across the entire instance as we monitor multiple unrelated DBs within the same instance, and be able to re-use version numbers. This may mean adding a custom grouping to selected DBs in the instance.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some processes may issue DDL statements which will have a net-zero effect, it would be useful to exclude them. Here are some example:

• stored procedure or SSIS package drops table and recreates it back exactly how it was including indexes.
    • a script drops indexes on staging table and then create them back, so net effect is zero.

You may find a lot of such processes in Data warehouses. If you review the changes in the dashboard, then you see message "The changes made to this object can't be displayed. The object may have been rolled back." and a line for…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I cant seem to see more than a couple hours EVERY CRISIS like what we just had and found to be the SAPHOS Client, but everyone was claiming it was SQL, what changed last week compared to today/?? I cant provide that.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi

Is there a way to get the whole SQL corresponding to all changes, in one file?

Thanks

Regards

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The tool is currently alerting us to when triggers are enabled/disabled. The trigger itself isn't changing, just the status. It would be nice if the tool wouldn't see the this as a schema change.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'm unable to configure email alerts right now because of how our certificate and DNS are configured, which results in name mismatches--if I use the correct name that resolves to an internal address, I get a certificate name mismatch. If I use the name on the certificate, I end up connecting to the wrong IP address. Thus, the only way I can configure alerts is to disable the secure connection, which I don't want to do. It would be nice to have some other options here so I could work around the certificate name problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to post review using command line utility or web-service call.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I currently have to login to the DLM Dashboard every time I reopen the browser. I don't have to do this with SQL Monitor. I want the DLM Dashboard login to persist in a similiar fashion to SQL Monitor

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?