DLM Dashboard

DLM Dashboard (previously called SQL Lighthouse) is a tool that monitors your database schemas in order to alert you about unexpected changes – often called database drift. Once alerted, users can choose to take remedial action. This might be to rollback the change, apply it to another database or script the change into version control. To find out more about what DLM Dashboard does and how it works, please visit our “website”: http://www.red-gate.com/products/dlm/dlm-dashboard/.

If you have any questions or need help with Redgate’s free tool DLM Dashboard, please visit our “support forums”: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewforum.php?f=176.

DLM Dashboard

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Can the system trace what changes propogated from Dev, to UAT to PROD. If it finds more than 50% change between Dev to UAT - that is acceptable; when it finds nearly 100% code similarty between UAT and PROD, it would be good to trace what changes finally moved from Dev to PROD.. Now we are adding this in the title.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  History  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Finding changes in long procedures is very difficult. Would be easier if at the top you had a Next/Previous change button which would scroll to where the changes are on the page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If the database creation fails, the DDL trigger still gets created but fails when any schema changes are made. You can't rerun the installation script as the creation of a database fails, therefore the installation script should check for and delete the DLL trigger or if the script fails, the DDL trigger should be deleted/

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The dev database is going to be drifting frequently, and we don't need an email every time that happens. But we definitely want to know when prod is changed. We would like to turn on notifications per environment, or per database.
    We may also want one person notified if Project A changes, and another notified about Project B.

109 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve not implemented this feature quite yet. In the mean time if you’re on SQL Lighthouse v1.1.10 we do now show project and environment in the notification email subject. Hopefully that helps set up filters as a stop gap

5. Can we have all the DATABASE SUMMARIZED VIEW shown on the dashboard without scrolling. Maybe do some re-positioning of the groups might work. THis will be useful at NOC where things are being monitored.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Setting up IIS Application routing to resolve to http://localhost:19528 when requesting http://lighthouse.dev.local, causes the application to generate a 400 error - The request hostname is invalid.

This should also propagate to the links generated in the email notifications

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be really nice if Lighthouse had the ability to push change notification to external systems, e.g. Slack.
    This could either be acomplished with a http post functionality, or with a general powershell script support.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently thinking about the best way of implementing this. I’ve actually just blogged about how you can integrate DLM Dashboard with many other services / systems using the existing email notifications system and Zapier (http://blog.red-gate.com/dlm-dashboard-and-service-integration/). I’d love to hear what kind of use cases you have, and also whether the email/zapier approach addresses these at all?

8. Tie into Versions of a project inside JIRA to track an application through the life cycle.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically scan a database for schema drift upon database restore. SQL Server logs should be able to trigger that response instead of a periodic scan.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We would like to see an email if something changed in the estate (as opposed to an email for each DB) We have 70+ dbs.. and when doing an upgrade an email suggested drift occurred would be more useful than 70 emails.

Also.. we were kind of hoping we could see given one database which ones match it... Or basically showing groupings by matching schemas... (This would help us keep an overall view)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We run 1 database per customer and are constantly adding databases, they follow a specific naming convention.

Having some way to auto add those databases to environments would help, or at a minimum alerting there are unmonitored databases on a server.

As an idea auto add based on

1) based on naming convention filters for database name

2) We would happily add a redgate table to our schema with an entry to specify environment etc for auto pickup

3) Schema is within X % of other databases of same type

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While viewing the differences, it would be valuable to be able to expand\collapse the changes so devs can see a list of changes, then expand to see what those changes were...

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to see server level config changes be recorded, with information like before and after config values and who made the change. Items like min/max memory, etc.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The biggest PITA of all in RedGate Source Control is everyone having to each configure each database. It would be WONDERFUL if those configuration settings for Source Control could be set in the SAME database as SQL Lighthouse so that not everyone needs to configure them!

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why are there limitations on number of projects? We have dozens!!!

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Richard Macaskill responded

The latest release 1.6.2 of DLM Dashboard now supports up to 50 database,

Note: Previous status update was an error.

16. If the DDL trigger is deleted or disabled the process stops notifying me of the change. I would expect that the dashboard would alert me that it is not monitoring the database - perhaps on a periodic basis - perhaps also offer me the option to check for drift on demand in that case?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We have several Azure SQL Databases. It would be great to be able to monitor those too.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. This is great! When will I be able to do this with Oracle databases?

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I don't want to have to keep naming the states of my databases. It should automatically use the revision numbers from my version control system

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to check that our dev server is in sync with version control. I want to show the head of my version control system as an environment, so I can see it side by side

158 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Version Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?