Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. I would like to set "not connected" tabs to a passive color like light gray to indicate they are not actively connected to a database. Current tab coloring is set by the connection, so this isn't possible. One possible implementation is to create an environment called "not connected" and then specifying NULL in the "SERVER" field.

This would be especially helpful for those who use SSMS's dark theme with SQL Prompt, because "not connected" tabs become nearly invisible with a black background and black font.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to set a different TAB colour for read only connections to an instance e.g. to differentiate between connections to primary and read-only secondary in AOAG. This would need to inspect the ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly connection property. n.b. I have tried doing this with a registered server group containing just the one read only server, but it uses the TAB colour defined for that server, not the group, so cannot distinguish whether read-only or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tab coloring  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Tab Colouring system is brilliant, but I find that I am often working with more than one job at a time that are using the one Database. It would be of great benefit if I was able to Colour my Query Tabs based on which job they are for. i.e.: more than one colour available per Database.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Coloring the Tabs is very nice. I would love to have the database/server icons be colored (or at least a small colored dot on them) so I could see at a glance in Object Explorer what server the database is on.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?