Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. It would be really nice if I could click away from the summarize script window and scroll around in my script, or maximize the window for use on another monitor, or dock the window next to my script

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, when hovering over table objects, and clicking on the table name mini popup, you get the object definition box, with a 'Script' and 'Summary' tab.

The 'Script' tab has the table and index creation scripts, and the 'Summary' tab lists the column definitions.

For tables with triggers, it would be nice to have a 'Triggers' tab that contains
    any trigger scripts for the table.

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp/sql-code-completion-and-intellisense/using-the-object-definition-box-and-object-tooltips

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Summarize script  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Within the Summarize Script pane, it would be helpful to differentiate between a SELECT statement (which returns output to the user) and a SELECT INTO statement (which creates a table and loads data into it).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow an option in Summarize script to show summary by comments (for those of us that do a reasonable job of commenting code)! That would be more useful to a developer unfamiliar with specific complex code.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Summarize script is sort-of useful as a way to see script blocks easily, but it will be BRILLIANT if it was a dockable (not modal) window that you very quickly select the script blocks in the editor.

I often select parts of a script or subqueries to run - if Summarize Script automatically selected them for me it would be a huge productivity boost: 1-click selection + F5 = AWESOME!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?