Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

87 results found

1. I often use the Ctrl-F12 feature to jump to an object in the object Explorer, however this doesn't work if the object has been renamed, or was just recently created. In those cases I need to manually refresh the object Explorer before I can use F12. Perhaps the F12 feature could do that for me? (or prompt if it can't find the object)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Pressing control+A will select an entire document.
    I'd like a control+k, control+A to select the current statement based on cursor position.

This would enable me to do a few things:
    01. Format the current statement with a hotkey
    02. Copy or cut my current statement so I can paste it somewhere else

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love the 'Remove Comments' feature, however it takes too many clicks to implement. Please add it to the context menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable prompt for major version upgrade when current license doesn't support it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello,

So I love the suggestion feature where I'm able to type in an object and the code appears to copy. Home run with this feature I can't thank you enough for it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to expand on it though.

Here is a sample. I'm looking to alter an object, let's say a stored proc...
    I usually begin by typing EXEC <name> to trigger the suggestion for stored procs to give me the object.

Once the suggestion finds the object, the script contents appears in a side window.

Using the COPY button in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When cursor is placed on any line simple shortcut would insert exactly same line below and move cursor to the newly inserted. No prior selection of any kind necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Time to time you need to compare data in the rows, for example when looking for the cause of duplication. If the query is complex enough with joins and wide tables I usually run

SELECT * FROM ...

and check where the duplication begins to easily find the root cause. The easiest way for me to do so is to copy it into the excel and do some simple formula to find the exact columns that have difference.

It would be nice if SQL Prompt would support that feature. If it's possible then it can be done by highlighting needed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to filter on more than one string in the Object Explorer of SSMS.
    For example, I only want to see views that contain “OKDim” or “SSISOK”. Now I can only filter on “OK”, which still results in a long list of views.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to have the ability when using Redgate to develop a query as I do today in a new query window with all the object search and suggestions features currently offered in your product.
    After I get the query returning the correct record set, I want to be able to edit the record set without having to copy the query and navigate to SSMS’s “Edit Top XXX Rows” menu item.
    Editing a field on the row would update that field on that row when I move off the row.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Request title:
    SSMS add a pane with a vertical list of open queries
    Description:
    In SSMS add a pane with a vertical list of open queries similar to the Object Explorer pane that can be docked/undocked that you can see the entire file name and quickly navigate or choose from the entire list of tabs of open query files to choose from.
    So, instead of horizontal tabs where the file name and other details that are partially hidden or don’t appear if many files are open, have an option to show a vertical list of open files.
    Add ability to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be useful to be able to copy a selection from the results grid which is pre-formatted as a WHERE clause in the same way "Copy as clause" IN works, e.g. copying a single value from ProductID column would produce WHERE ProductID = 5 and copying multiple values would produce WHERE ProductID in ( 5, 10, 15 ).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Selecting code then pressing CTRL brings up the action list, but only 6 items are shown in this list, meaning that for many uses, scrolling or searching (moving is required. A longer list (ideally user-settable) would mean moving mouse directly to most items and selecting is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Options, Warnings & Highlighting, Highlighting. The light gray does not work well on a black background. I'd like to be able to select another color for that feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently I have query tabs in two separate windows within SSMS to view data and queries side by side. After closing and re-opening, it would be great if these segregated tabs went back into their appropriate windows. Along with that, it would be great if it would only load back in the tabs for the server we are connected too. Not also the tabs that I had open in a different instance of SSMS to a different server; which I had displayed on a different monitor for more side by side viewing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the setting of SQL Prompt there should be an option to create a list of servers.

When SSMS then starts It should automatically create a connection to this list of servers in Object Explorer.

It would be a great feature, when working with the same servers, it takes a long time to connect to servers everyday when work starts :-)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Themes, Dark mode mainly. Ability to add company logo when you log in via browser, like we can in reports.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As we are using a dedicated group of virtual machines for using our high privilege accounts, we don't know at login time on which machine we will have a session. Currently the settings of SQL Prompt are stored under “…\AppData\Local...”. After each logoff we loose these settings. According to the Microsoft standards, the settings should be stored under “…\Appdata\Roaming...”. Could this be changed in a future version?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So I'm not sure if this is something that SQL Prompt has the ability to do or not as far as access to SSMS.

When you customize syntax coloring in SSMS, it sees variables, tables, column names, etc all as the same thing...."Identifiers"....I would love it if I were able to specify a different coloring scheme for variables, separate from the rest of the identifiers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to easily identify user-created snippets from default Redgate snippets.

I love snippets and I create a ton of them, but there's no easy way for me to filter the list of snippets to see which ones I created vs the ones that shipped with the product. I'd love the ability to be able to filter the list of snippets to show my custom snippets so I can find them easily.

(My work around is just to use a naming convention that groups them all, but this feels inefficient because it requires that I type more letters to activate the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When text is selected, Control D would create a copy of that text. If no text is selected, the current line of the cursor will be duplicated.

Much like the behavior of Excel to carry down cell values (and a popular Visual Studio plugin), this will allow users to keep the text on their clipboard to paste it over part of the SQL that was just duplicated (like the contents of a where clause).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?