Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Phani YenuguPhani Yenugu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jerry KoerkenmeierJerry Koerkenmeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, my email address is gkoerk at gmail dot com. I have been in the DB / comparison / schema development / deployment field for almost 20 years, and would love to assist in any way I can to make this happen - it's that important to me.

• Jerry KoerkenmeierJerry Koerkenmeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, this is a trigger for us to purchase the product. At some point, we may write our own or adapt a competitor. Once GIT support is included, it's a guaranteed sale.

• antonioantonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

september 2014 a Source Control product without GIT support? what's happening at RedGare?

• TrevorTrevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add GIT compatibility. We are moving away from SVN to GIT and will have to find an alternative solution.

• Norbert BondarczukNorbert Bondarczuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In fact GIT support would be extremly usefull if we speak about Oracle package / release management rather than about purely software development process. GIT does not keep differences but genuine snapshots of a set of components.It can store easily binary files which is not an easy task for other version management systems. This would help you to go out with your product from software developemen niche into a bit wider area.

• Michael ChristofidesAdminMichael Christofides (Product Manager, Red Gate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update from Red Gate: firstly, thanks for the votes and comments. We have no in-flight or immediately planned work for this feature, but the comments and feedback we've received (here and offline) have shown Git to be a prime candidate for further major work on Source Control. If/when we are able to start work on this we'll naturally reach out to this group for input and feedback.
        Thanks again,
        Michael Christofides
        Product Manager

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GIt is taking over svn an offers many valuable features, it's the future, please include the integration to git in your next release.

Feedback and Knowledge Base