How can we improve SQL Source Control?

Excluding "starts with underscore" filters out all objects

I can find no guidance on filter patterns. We have a lot of "temporary" tables which start with an underscore. We've previously used object filters to exclude anything which starts with an underscore. This now excludes all objects in the database, presumably because it's using SQL wildcards. Is the filter syntax SSC uses specified anywhere?

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim GoldenTim Golden shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NikNik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others.... we also have patern for temporary tables in development like _tableName which must be excluded from comparision. We have tried with escape but no luck. Please add escape sequence.

• Jonathan JonesJonathan Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - please add an escape sequence. This is not a good bug being that the underscore is always treated as a wildcard. objects such as test_table and testing become equivalent in the comparison if your compare expression is test_

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include this feature. Or better, an escape sequence so we don't have to worry about other characters in the future like percent signs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base