Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. The source control 3 sql server 2016. but source control 5 + versions working fine.i have only source control 3 key.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add version 9 support.
    Thanks.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to deploy from Git Source Control Repository to Target Databases

I use a shared Dev database and I work on multiple issues and versions of our software at the same time and am using Git to keep track of all the changes that go with each issue I'm working on. However, when QA asks me to deploy the changes relating to one specific issue to their QA environments, I have to manually go through all the changes in our shared database and determine which of the changes I made relate to that issue. In Git, I create a branch…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These kinds of deployment scenarios are handled by SQL Compare (for manual deployments) or SQL Change Automation (for more automated/scripted deployments). SQL Source Control is intended for the dev side of your database change management process, linking your development database to a version control system.

4. how can i re-enable code suggestions when i disabled it?the "Elable" button is disabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cygwin git can not commit code.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The git integration does not seem to work AT ALL. Add reports status code 1, delete fails because the file has already been deleted.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Michelle Taylor responded

We believe the Git integration is working for most customers – if you are encountering error messages, our support team at support@red-gate.com should be able to get you up and running again.

8. Currently the XML hooking method for non-native Source Control Systems is not very usefull for Surround SCM. I would like to suggest maybe adding more support to it. Also when linking a database to the Source Control System It would be nice to have the option to link tables, stored procedures, views..so on to specific repositories, instead of everything going into the same place. Also to be able to rename the default folders that the tool creates in the working directory would be nice in case there is a special naming convention(for instance procedures instead of stored procedures). A moule…

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m declining this because it covers multiple different requests, which makes it difficult to track and work out which features people are voting for. If you’d still like to see these requests addressed, please create new requests for them separately.

Thanks,
    Mike Upton
    Tech Lead | SQL Source Control

9. We are using Visual Source Safe and we really want to source control our databases. We are not upgrading or changing our source control system anytime soon. Visual Source Safe works fine for us. We do not want to install a seperate source control system just to use this tool.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?