Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. We use synonyms when accessing data through linked servers. If the synonym is changed to use a new linked server Source Control does not detect that change.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Static Data  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We use SQL Multi Script to organize and execute dozens of scripts for our projects but would like the ability to find a specific word across all the Scripts to Execute.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Static Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. issue when adding a table with static data to SVN. Gives a System.OutOfMemoryException error.
    Created a new SVN folder and re-linked to the new folder. I then setup the static data one-by-one (apart from the table with the large amounts of static data). All of them worked fine. I then added the table with the large static data and I still got the OutOfMemoryException. Please advise on what can be done.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Static Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently when you try and publish static data, it only supports comparing the data in the source database, there is no option to use source control. Can it compare directly with source control and be limited to only the tables that are configured for static data?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Static Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is more a bug than suggestion. I'm using SQL SC 2.0.3.13 against VSS 8.0.50727.42.
    Apparently, checking tables to be linked is having no effect except that the same tables are checked when I return to the link data screen. Nothing appears in the commit tab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Static Data  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?