Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

78 results found

1. Using TFS as source control, when more than one person is working on the same object (procedure) it causes multiple files to be created. Would like an option to resolve conflicts instead of creating additional versions in the source control.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. everything seems correct except my local folder with the SVN data does not populate with the sql files. Only on the computer on which the SQL Source Control was first installed and implemented. On other computers it downloads the respective sql files. Can you help?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I added some stored procs on the main repository. They're in the SVN repository fine, but when I go to a slave system and choose Get Latest, those objects are not created or listed in ). When I go to Commit Changes I get told to drop those objects!

I can't find any way to say that the repository is correct and the slave should be updated.

Note that this is a completely fresh slave, created five minutes ago with just the initial checkout, no edits.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: A duplicate definition was found for the table [dbo].[Address]. Ensure that case sensitivity options are set correctly and all object creation scripts are valid. If the problem persists, contact our support. ---> #8rg.#7rg: A duplicate definition was found for the table [dbo].[Address]. Ensure that case sensitivity options are set correctly and all object creation scripts are valid. If the problem persists, contact our support. ---> #8rg.#7rg: A duplicate table name ([dbo].[Address]) has been found. This may occur if the SQL Server that you are registering is case sensitive but the case sensitive option is not set.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Here is the error I get when attempting to create a link to one of my databases.

Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: Errors occured whilst parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\cg012463\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\e97d34f8-6024-446f-b9b4-fe3a0f345847\Tables\dbo.tblAutomatedWorkSchedulerFileListingExpRRWINEWAT010e129d788c5a4a15b820ae0808880958.sql

'line 3:2: expecting "LPAREN", found ')''
    ---> #Eyg.#Lyg: Errors occured whilst parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\cg012463\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\e97d34f8-6024-446f-b9b4-fe3a0f345847\Tables\dbo.tblAutomatedWorkSchedulerFileListingExpRRWINEWAT010e129d788c5a4a15b820ae0808880958.sql
    'line 3:2: expecting "LPAREN", found ')''
    ---> line 3:2: expecting "LPAREN", found ')'
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at #oEc.#7Jf.#t.#B3.#sKf()
    at #oEc.#7Jf.#gKf(Action…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filtered display and sync of a subset of database objects based on type or schema would be great for databases with large amounts of objects, or where db objects are logically grouped into projects based on their function/application.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate. For filtering objects on the commit/get tabs, please vote/comment on this suggestion http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/462211-allow-me-to-filter-the-objects-on-the-commit-get-l?ref=title.

You may also want to vote/comment on the ability to ignore objects. This means that these ignored objects will never show up on your commit list. If this interests you, please vote/comment at http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/458708-exclude-objects-from-versioning-svn-ignore-?ref=title.

8. When editing a diagram and changing the table view a hard crash of SSMS is produced by an unhandled exception in SourceControl plugin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide option to select all or no changes as default in the Commit Changes and Get Latest tab

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  fiona.gazeley responded

Closing as request is 6 years old. There is a checkbox in the column header that will quickly allow you to select/unselect all.

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry, but we don’t understand this request. Changes should NOT be auto-committed. They require review first and a comment should be entered along with the commit. If you are still having problems, could you please provide more details on what you were trying to do, what the stored proc looked like before you made the change, and what the actual change was? If you could send a copy of the before and after scripts to support@red-gate.com that would help us reproduce the problem so we can investigate your issue more.

Thank you!

11. Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[CDBootStatusTypes] for the FKBootPanelStatesCDBootStatusTypes foreign key. ---> RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.SqlCompareException: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[CDBootStatusTypes] for the FKBootPanelStatesCDBootStatusTypes foreign key. ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1893, offset:358 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1936, offset:33 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 3952, offset:2117 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 602, offset:614 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1616, offset:37 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 231, offset:38 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1552, offset:0 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 230, offset:30 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 233, offset:38

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After my initial LINK and COMMIT 1 change in a scalar function is showing - i think it is something i did in the past. I have no idea how this change is even recognized since it's a new DB to the source control but anyway this change cannot be commited it just reappears after commit.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rather than blue/red circles, why not use the tried and true Tortoise SVN overlay icons? Green check, red exclamation, blue plus, etc.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid that we will not be implementing this suggestion. SQL Source Control works with many different version control systems, not just SVN, so the icons which are familiar to SVN users may not be familiar to users of other version control systems.

Mike Upton
    Tech Lead | SQL Source Control

15. RG Source Control "seems" to hog the machine with the databases. The CPU goes 75% +, disk activity goes abnormally high, Logical reads is high, compiles is high, etc. (according to Quest Spotlight on SQL Server). Also, users are having queries time out.

I can close SSMS and the machine returns to normal (CPU around 10%, other metrics low).

I will have to remove it for now until this is corrected/changed.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing this request as it’s now six years old. If anyone is experiencing similar issues on the latest version of SQL Source Control then please feel free to open a new request or support call.

16. When attempting to check in all items from an existing database just added to source control, I get a failure during the updating source control stage - with a message Can't move 'C:\Users\Bernard Sheppard\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\f196519a-df23-4f68-abca-564beb28a9dd.svn\tmp\entries' to 'C:\Users\Bernard Sheppard\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\f196519a-df23-4f68-abca-564beb28a9dd.svn\entries': The system cannot find the file specified.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing as it’s a very old request and we have marked bug SOC-615 as won’t fix

17. We are using Visual Source Safe and we really want to source control our databases. We are not upgrading or changing our source control system anytime soon. Visual Source Safe works fine for us. We do not want to install a seperate source control system just to use this tool.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I still have some databases that are on SQL Server 2000 and we are not planning to upgrade these soon, but we still do some development and maintenance against these. I would like to use this tool with my SQL Server 2000 databases.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Michelle Taylor responded

SQL Server 2000 has now been out of extended support with MS for over a year, so it is unfortunately not the case that we will consider supporting it in SOC.

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?