Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

15 results found

1. Since you can't update the values, why compare them in the first place?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Our QA department will need proof to show that the exported Oracle 11 data is the same when imported to Oracle 12 due to the strict GMP regulations that we need to be compliant with as pharmaceutical production facility.
    As the Oracle database is part of software from a vendor we don’t do any development with Oracle. We only need the Oracle data compare tool for making sure that with the upgrade of software, the Oracle 11 data is the same as the imported data in Oracle 12 (before the new software will be installed).
    The Oracle compare tool has…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently when using Data Compare for Oracle 4 if any INSERT/UPDATE throws an error in a PL/SQL block the entire block fails. Because of this the company I work for will not use the software for DML deployments. If Redgate could code error handling for each table or each block where the script will continue to update/insert SQL data even in the event of an error the software would be much more usable, robust, and practical. Thank-you for reading this. :) Please add error-handling to the DML code that is generated in the diff/sync scripts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The current command line option runs but produces no output until the entire compare is completed, the GUI tells you what table it is on and the % complete. The batch process should be able to do the same.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The scripts can become quite large when comparing tables. Need a way to make the scrips smaller - multiple outputs for same table - in order to have a script that is runnable in sql. For example - when comparing a table that generates 50K records the output script is not editable by most editors - need to break it out in multiple files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can exclude columns in the project settings Tables & Views tab, but it would be very handy if I could right-click on a column in the detail comparison window and exclude it right there. This would save me having to go back to the project settings, waiting for the refresh, finding the table I want to modify, and deselecting the columns in the drop-down. Most of the time I start by comparing all columns and then I want to whittle it down from looking at the results in the detail window.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Oracle has a feature called flashback query/schema that allows you to view a table/schema as of a particular timestamp. For some projects, there is a need to identify all the tables inserted/updated/deleted by a particular application process.

This would be an additional use case for Data Compare if it checked if flashback was enabled on the source and target schemas and allowed specifying a time.

Then it could be used for my use case - i.e. identifying what impact a particular front end screen or batch process had on the database.

It could also be used after a major incident…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If the source schema has around 1000 tables and we want to compare only 500 tables. Its a very tedious job to select all the 500 tables manually in the TABLES options tab. If we have all the 500 tables list stored in an excel sheet,csv,txt format. It would be good if data compare tool GUI (or) command line utility has a way to read all the user defined tables list from the excel/txt/csv sheet.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As with Schema compare tool, Data compare Tool should generate an interactive report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is a major issue

If I configure a compare between two schemas, with field restrictions, and where clauses, save it as a profile, and copy to a new file, those settings all get clobbered when I try to configure the same compare between two different schemas/instances.

Even if the setup as is definitely applies to these new targets, the tool reexamines the table structure, and enables everything, tossing all my configs, even when I don't want it to. I'm sure this was envisioned as a helpful 'feature', but it's needless. It's destroying my work, and could have been accomplished…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am comparing two versions of a vendor application db, and sometimes they change columns names (even when not necessary). The tool needs a way to bind these two together.

It could be done with a simple mechanism under the hood, like simply creating a (new) common field alias name between the two queries.

It would be good if it could be implemented to allow general sql field query/conversion logic (where meaningful). For instance, sometimes even when keeping the name identical, other aspects of the field might have been changed which could lead to false positives for changes.

e.g. a…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would prefer if the generated script would use insert/update/delete commands for each records instead of execute immediate.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When generating a deployment script in Schema Compare for Oracle you have the option to 'Exclude schema names in the deployment script'. Please could we have the same functionality in Data Compare for Oracle. This would be very useful when applying the script to different schemas.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When running the deployment wizard after a data compare rather throw error that database contains foreign keys in a cycle. It would be great if it listed the ones and allow you to disable them.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?