Skip to content

SQL Toolbelt Essentials

Welcome to the SQL Toolbelt Essentials feature suggestion list. 
If you have any feature suggestions or performance improvements that are specific to the SQL Toolbelt Essentials Bundle, please post them on this forum. 

Find out more information about SQL Toolbelt Essentials 
https://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-toolbelt-essentials/ 

If you have any questions and need help, please review our support information

SQL Toolbelt Essentials

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

14 results found

1. Stumbled upon this feature from dbForge:

https://docs.devart.com/sqlcomplete/setting-up-sql-complete/ssms-caption-options.html (adding the section "SSMS Caption" to Options making it possible to customize the pattern for the main window title.

I frequently use to instances of SSMS - one running under my standard account and one running with an elevated account. I would use a feature like SSMS Caption to make it easy to distinguish a window from the standard instance and a window from the elevated instance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I'm designing a new application or adding a new feature to an existing one, I'll typically use the SQL Diagram feature in SSMS to design the tables and their relationships. It works okay, but has some limitations:

1) It's tied to a single server. If I want to get those diagrams onto a new server, well, I don't know a way to do it so they typically only exist on our dev servers. It'd be great to have a tool that kept these outside of SSMS and the SQL server. It wouldn't update the database on save, but would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. gMSA support for all RedGate products
    Increased security, less maintenance after initial setup. Compliance and auditors are constantly pushing for these changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When upgrading and Data Compare or Sql Compare are going to a Major version, it would be nice to have an option to uninstall the old version. i.e. version 15 released and I didn't have an option to have it uninstall 14, so I had to manually uninstall it and make sure I didn't lose my settings / snippets / etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enhance how the tools are deployed within SSMS so it can better handle mixtures of licensed & unlicensed users in a RDS environment.

In a shared Remote Desktop Services environment where some users are licensed for the tools and some are not a license could be consumed by an unintended recipient. Of course, a license admin could revoke the license, etc, but this is overhead that is not desirable.

Simply removing the tools from the tool bar is a user action and only removes them from the tool bar. Other remnants of the tools still exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please consider adding support to SQL Doc for custom extended property names. I've searched this functionality and have found other redgate forums going back several years where many users have reportedly requested this functionality, but I cannot find where it was ever added.

SQL Doc is a good tool, but adding support for users to maintain extended properties other that MS_Description would make this a great tool. As much as I appreciate this tool, I would not pay for this as a single application in its current form because it cannot meet my needs for maintaining my own extended property…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We've been buying Red-Gate tools for way over 10 years, and have found them invaluable in our SQL development .

Up until a few years ago, when we purchased additional licenses. The Discount applied was for the total number of seats already owned.

ie If we had 10 users, and wanted an additional user. The new users license was priced at the 10 user discount level.

Now when we purchase a new license, we receive no recognition of our loyalty to Redgate. We would expect for 25 seats, there would be some recognition in terms of discount.

I've discussed this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to schedule scripts to run and save the results to a csv or add an email function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. selecting the list of databases using a query instead of checking or unchecking manually once we selected the SQL instance where we want to execute the script.
    e.g:- when we want to execute a script on the required databases instead of all databases in an instance, currently we can select SQL server instance and the databases in it all are considered for execution - if we want we can manually uncheck them - what if we have thousand of databases on an instance - manually unchecking the databases will be a nightmare, So we request a feature where after connecting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With Triggers, you now only see the Extended Property with the MS_Description, but we also keep our Changelog in the Extended Properties. Please add the possibility to show multiple Extended Properties for Triggers. Maybe just as a table showing all Extended Properties, or moving Triggers to their own object, just like Stored Procedures.

The same problem exists for Views and a few other objects, that are now just a part of a DB-Table, but can be seen as their own object, as they can have multiple Extended Properties

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be options for suppressing items on the Cover Page. The server and File Path options are not relevant when the created document is sent out to clients, we just want to provide them with relevant information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have a new SQL cluster that is built completely on dynamic ports with multiple points of failover. We have to hack the host file of the machine that's running multiscript to point to a single IP for each instance in order to get multiscript to run without timeout failures. The rest of the tools we have give us the option to add multisubnetfailover which solves this problem. Could we get that option in multiscript?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The installer/updater needs to be improved to evaluate installed components and offer to update them all at once.
    Today, when I opened SSMS, I received a suggestion to update SQL Prompt. When I was done I reopened SSMS. From within SSMS, I opened a Dependency Diagram and was offered to update that component, which also requested to close SSMS. When that was completed and SSMS was reopened, I needed to open SQL Compare, which, in its turn, offered to perform an update and requested to close SSMS.

All this could have been accomplished with a single SSMS restart if the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If you and your colleagues are Toolbelt or Toolbelt essentials users we would like to talk to you. We are thinking of ways to improve the usability and awareness of the tools within these bundles. We are keen to learn how you use these tools and what improvements we could make so it fits better into your workflow. Your insights will be very valuable in helping us guide the future of the products. If you are interested please complete this short survey, so we can get in touch with you!

Survey Link: https://forms.office.com/r/cVpKr228i2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?