Skip to content

Flyway

Flyway

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

12 results found

1. I would like to be able to use shift to select a group of consecutive objects in the list of objects on the Schema Model tab. If I want to use Apply to Database for just tables and user-defined-types, I current have to select each individually, or perform multiple searches on the object type in order to narrow the list and use the 'select all' check box.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be an incredible relief if a re-baseline were possible without manual intervention.
    The steps described in the documentation for performing a re-baseline should be carried out automatically by the tool.
    Or flyway only continues from the latest baseline.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To increase user acceptance, it would be very useful if the following steps were possible in flyway Desktop Enterprise without having to set parameters manually:
    1.) Skip migrations and mark as applied
    2.) Carrying out cherry-picking migrations
    3.) Execution of out-of-order migrations

This could be done, for example, via a menu entry in the migration list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Our project has 40+ schemas. Some of the schemas have several hundred stored procedures, functions, and views. We would like the option for the schema name to be a subfolder under each object type instead of the schema being a prefix on the file name. This would make it easier for developers to find the script files on disk during development as there wouldn't be thousands of files in each object folder.

For example, instead of
    "schema-model\Functions\dbo.myFunc1.sql"
    the path would be
    "schema-model\Functions\dbo\myFunc1.sql".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For flyway.batch can create files be included in batching of files together. This could allow for large set of create statements to be batch together for things when there are hundreds of migrations that can be rolled out faster.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. 

I'm not sure if I fully understand the suggestion. You can put multiple CREATE statements in the same V script. In Flyway Enterprise, we can do this for you in SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, and MySQL; and we work out the dependencies for you.

Another thing might be to consider re-baselining, if you have a lot of V scripts and need to get them all in 1 B script - https://documentation.red-gate.com/fd/rebaselining-208896090.html.

If you'd like to talk more about this so I can better understand this suggestion, please schedule a 15 min zoom with me at https://calendly.com/stephanie-herr/15min-1?month=2023-11.

Thank you!

Stephanie Herr   :-)

Product Manager, Database DevOps

6. The JDBC only makes provision to connect to database setting integrated security to true or false, when false we need to provide a username and password, which we do by using the library. But this is a SQL User and we want to use an MSA account for Audit purposes. Microsoft Service Accounts don't require a password to be set as it is passed from one server to the next when the connection between any 2 or more previously set up servers has been configured to use MSA. We need a way for flyway to authenticate by making use of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After I generate (or manually add) a migration script, it's automatically added to the migrations folder in the project. I want to organize my migration scripts better. Maybe by sprint or release number. Let me create subfolders in the migrations folder when I generate (or manually add) a migration script and save the script in that subfolder. I know subfolders are automatically included in the flyway migrate command.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now, migration scripts will be placed in the default migrations folder.  Use the blue folder icon in the top-right of Flyway Desktop to jump to your project on disk.  You can then move the migration script into a sub-folder in the migrations directory.

If you move the migration script to a different folder (outside of the migrations directory), then you'll need to update your locations configuration to account for both folders. 

We do plan to add this to the GUI, but don't have a timeframe yet.

8. We have an application that likes to disable and enable triggers during loads so these get in different stages depending on the state of our database. It would be nice to ignore these and not see them as differences when looking or comparing them in Flyway Desktop. We can't exclude them in our database as they are triggers that we need but we really don't need to compare them to source control since we know that one is enabled and the other is disabled its ok for us as the application turns these on and off as necessary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Incorporate the ability to adjust Filters into the GUI so you don't have to manipulate the JSON file manually. This was an option in SQL Source Control. It just looks like it wasn't incorporated into Flyway yet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Security is more important then ever and company networks restrict permissions of Windows users.

Change Installer of Flyway Desktop to not needing elevated privileges (admin account) anymore.

Updating it should be easier.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "Link to a development database" wizard could be made more user friendly by moving less commonly-used options behind an expandable "Advanced Options" tab and providing auto-complete for database names once the server is known.

Specifically, the Port, Encrypt, Trust Server Certificate, and JDBC URL fields could be hidden behind an expandable Advanced Options tab because they are less likely to be used or changed. Port, Encrypt and Trust Server Certificate should retain the last used values as they are likely to be consistent within any given organization.

The Host and Instance fields could also be combined into a single…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.  We have started on some designs to improve the layout of this dialog.  We may have to move the auto-complete for database names into a separate suggestion, which I'll do when I update this.

12. SQLprompt has a bunch of rules in there, I'd love to see the performance rules available in Flyway

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?