Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

10 results found

1. I have 2 current opportunities with a couple of the largest company's in the US/UK for Oracle-to-SQL Server migration for both and synchronization for 1. This is a big space to get into, but judging from experience with Red Gate in the SQL Server space, I think Red Gate can grab significant market share from the likes of GoldenGate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the product idea. At Redgate we favour tools that have repeat use cases. Platform migration tools are often used once or twice and then shelved. Also, for obvious reasons there are always decent free options provided by the platform vendors.

2. A very small wish....

When I start the program, a dialog-window with the latest project worked on is shown. That is good as long as this often is the project I shall work on.

But could you please add a "Open project"-button on this dialog.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide an option to allow Schema Compare for Oracle to execute serially. I am frequently, but not always, getting a Memory Exception when using Schema Compare for Oracle. The error always occurs during the “Registering database one” and “Registering database two steps”. These steps always run in parallel. It also always occurs during the “Populating table columns” part of the step. If I could run this serially, I think these errors would go away.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,

I am developing on my local machines and then deploy to my customer's development machines. I am deploying at least 2 to 3 times a day to at least 2 different databases.

Every time I do this I get the OCP selection box, cancel, select the OCP file I need, click on compare, click on the differences I want to deploy, click on deploy, click on next (I always deploy directly to the destination), click on deploy now, click on are you sure.

I'm sure this can be streamlined and simplified. Don't use modal dialog boxes on top of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi,

First, thanks for this tool. It has been a life saver for me.

Secondly, everytime I do a compare it requests to save changes to the ocp file. Everytime I sit there and think about whether I changed anything or not. Most often I haven't.

It would make life easier if it didn't prompt every time.

Regards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

A project is modified if you change the selections to deploy as these are stored with the project.

6. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object is displayed and Schema Compare stops. It would be better if it were possible to continue beyond this error and just have a logfile of errors with details of the objects that failed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The problem with supporting this is that once the first error happens (e.g. failing to populate a table) the errors snowball (now the view that uses that table fails, the index for that table also fails) to such an extent that it’s very difficult to find the first failure.

Submitting error reports to us is the best way to get fixes.

7. when migrating indexes in schema compare,bitmap indexes on a partitioned table fail - local clause missing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have to turn off “ignore storage” to copy partition information from one database to another. I am in the progress of making this option more granular.

If you are submitting a bug report support@red-gate.com is the best way.

8. It would be useful to support files with different extensions, either by allowing to configure ignored extensions (all other will be treated as sql) or by allowing to configure extensions for specific types of objects.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What scenario are you trying to support here? We only support comparing to sql that we have generated initially and we always save the files ending in .sql.

It may work against arbitrary sql files (and I tend to fix issues when they’re reported) but it’s not something we “support”.

Without further information I’m closing this request.

9. I have a schema where synonyms are not being compared correctly. In particular this is a synonym that refers to a remote object. Is this a known limitation of Schema Compare?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Schema Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. after doing a schema compare which ran fine .. the report has several rendering issues (icons) . the big issue is this report contains three sections (different, create, drop) .. expanding second section (create) will not to scroll past second section .. cannot see third section when second section is expanded

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Brian Tufnell responded

We’ve not received any more feedback on this issue so we’re closing it for now. If you’d like to provide more info in the future, please email oracle@red-gate.com or post a message on the Schema Compare support forum.

• Don't see your idea?