Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. When comparing differences a double-click on the object could open a external diff viewer (if configured)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  History/Log  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I word like to hav the posibility to revert changes using a rightclick i history.
    Both all (opper pane) the changes in a commit, and the changes to a specific object (middle pane).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  History/Log  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We use Mercurial for SCM and we can't use the 'History' option to rev our databases to a particular change as a result!

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History/Log  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We frequently execute DB scripts on dev machines and servers, and when default constraints are created in SQL they are given a randomized name. Since we have SQL Source Control installed in the same environments, we always get conflicts about the constraints being named differently in the source control vs. the current machine. The ability to turn of conflict (or even change) notification about some things like constraint names is needed to avoid having to deal with each case individually.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

SQL Source Control’s Get Latest should be used in a dedicated model to update your different dev machines. This would keep the constraint names consistent in your dev environment.

You can use SQL Compare to deploy changes to other environments. SQL Compare has an option to ignore constraint and index names so that these differences won’t appear.

5. We have a 3rd party developer who sometimes tweaks things on our databases, i have to report and document these changes to management, currently, i have to either rely on screenshots, or copy and paste the before & after code and apply my own colouring etc. Something similar to VSS's change report would be ideal: example: http://www.heavencore.co.uk/filehub/Documents/ssreport.txt

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When unlinking and linking the database again with a new link path, you loose the ability to view the history. In Subversion clients like TortoiseSVN there's a Checkbox which let you se the history. Would bee great if SQL Source Control cold support that feature too, instead of having to go via TortoiseSVN each time I want to se the history of a certain object.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I look at my history, I can view all the objects in a specific version but when I click on "update to this version with SQL Compare" it get back ALL my un-synced objects.

If your systems are well synced this isn't a big deal but I have hundreds of objects that still requiring syncing so I have to search for each object and check it before I can commit.

It would be GREAT if the DB objects in a selected version were AutoChecked in SQL Compare.

It would make migrating on systems that are less than perfect much…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →