Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. So you could highlight a column and surround it with isnull() for example.
    Or surround a sql query and surround it with begin and end.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently any comments that appear before the ALTER PROC statement are not scripted by SQL Prompt which results in those comments being silently deleted if the alter statement is executed.

If I hover the mouse over a stored procedure name and click on the procedure name that pops up in order to see the script window I can see these comments but if I type alter proc <procname> and press tab to produce an alter script these comments are missing.

There is a danger here of losing comments without the user being aware of it. I think SQL Prompt should…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please see forum thread http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=14749

I ran into what I would consider a serious issue with the Script Object as ALTER feature. A few hours earlier I had changed a stored procedure script and executed the Alter script so the change was now "active".

A few hours later, within the same SSMS application (but different query window) I used the right-click Script Object option as a shortcut so I didn't have to scroll through a very long list in Object Explorer... Unfortunately it scripted the OLD version of the procedure and not the one changed hours earlier.

Now, I know…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Paul Stephenson responded

As of SQL Prompt 5.2.8, Script as ALTER will always fetch the script directly from the database.

• Don't see your idea?