Skip to content

SQL Compare

Welcome to the SQL Compare feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Compare at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-compare/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Compare, please visit the forums at https://forums.red-gate.com/viewforum.php?f=200 or our support portal.

SQL Compare

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

244 results found

1. It would be nice to be able to use RGSC to compare such objects by re-mapping. A recent change allows doing this, but with tables only. All other objects would be a helpful touch.
    This could be useful for several scenarios, including demonstrating a proposed change to a current version. We also sometimes end up with different test versions of objects that differ slightly with less than helpful comments. (b/c all our devs' code is self documenting!)

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Project level option to script indexes and triggers into their own sub-folders. This allow for a more granular check-in and makes text diffs more clear.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When comparing a source controlled database (SSC) to a live database, it would make sense to use the source controlled database's object filter (filter.scpf file) when running the comparison instead of having to manually recreate the filter inside of the SCP project. Also, it would be better if the SCP project stored a link to the filter file used instead of storing the filter string, as it is very inconvenient to have to maintain these separately. If the filter file is changed in SSC, I want SCP to be able to pick up the change automatically.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For safety when moving among servers, I have the desktop backgrounds of my servers color coded as follows:
    My workstation - green
    Other developers' workstations - blue
    Development - yellow
    UAT - orange
    Production - red

In SQL Server Management Studio, I've colored the status bar for any query window in the corresponding servers the same way.

It would be nice if I could color-code the two halves of the "compare to" window in SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare the same way, based on the server/instance name!

Even better, could it pull the color values from some SQL Server…

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?