Skip to content

SQL Prompt

Welcome to the SQL Prompt feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Prompt at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-prompt/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Prompt, please visit the forums or our support portal.

SQL Prompt

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

24 results found

1. Can an option to download the file be added instead of just applying the update? My environment is locked down so my windows login is not an administrator, so I have to use "Run Elevated".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please provide a way to turn off the gutter icon. I do not use it but what DOES happen is that I constantly activate it when I'm selecting and moving around in my sql. It's annoying - extremely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Aaron Law responded

Hi Nick,

This should already be possible in the latest version of SQL Prompt (7.2.4), you can right click on the icon in the gutter and select “Disable actions list”. Alternatively there’s a check box in the SQL Prompt options on the behavior page for “Show actions list for selected test” and unchecking this should also disable the feature. If you have any problems with it still appearing after you’ve disabled it just let me know.

Thanks,
    Aaron.

3. Excellent work by the team in SQL Prompt 6.4 implementing the "Insert Statement Highlighting Column and Value" feature.

http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt/suggestions/4223150-insert-statement-highlighting-column-and-value

It would be great if this could be tweaked to work with split-screen editing. For example, if you have a REAAALLLY wide table, you might want to have your editing cursor in the bottom pane of SSMS but be looking at the top pane.

To clarify, I am talking about allowing the highlighting to work in both the top and bottom panes if you enable Window... Split (or drag the thing down at the top of the scroll bar).

This new…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to have sortable columns in the table popup. This way we can see them in ordinal order (as it exists now), or order them alphabetically (or even by data type). Hopefully not much harder than changing a grid column property.
    This would make it much easier for our Oracle folks to accept using SSMS, as it seems all Oracle tools do this by default. It would also shut them up. :) :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?