Skip to content

SQL Compare

Welcome to the SQL Compare feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Compare at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-compare/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Compare, please visit the forums at https://forums.red-gate.com/viewforum.php?f=200 or our support portal.

SQL Compare

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

23 results found

1. I would love to have the option to ignore the StatisticsIncremental setting on indexes much the way "Ignore StatisticsNoRecompute" works. I currently have two DBs - one has this option on all indexes and one has it on none. Currently SQL Compare flags all indexes as different even with "Ignore Statistics" turned on. The only option is to ignore Indexes entirely which isn't practical because those are the most frequently changing objects between the DBs. I'm currently still using SQL Compare 10 because it does not pick up the Statistics_Incremental option but I would…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently there are 3 output options when running sql compare via the command line /quiet /verbose and the default. I'd like to see an option between the default and verbose logging similar to the "Summary view" present in the main application.
    For example: I'd like to see the tablename that has diffs (default option) AND the name of the index on said table that is different (new summary option), but not the entire table definition (verbose option).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please give an option to ignore Recore tables creation. I am trying to use SQLCompare in DevOps model to avoid long release timings. But if there is any data type change to a huge table then current concept of creation of recovery tables is disabling all the FK's, removing indexes and eventually creating a new table. This is very long process and not benefitting the projects. There should be an option to avoid the creation of Recovery tables. Please think in that perspective.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?