SQL Compare

Welcome to the SQL Compare feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Compare at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-compare/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Compare, please visit the forums at http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=154

How can we improve SQL Compare?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea ()
  • or
  1. sqlsompare report

xml, html and excel reports for database differences (using options) include everything similarities as well as differences. Since, xml is excellent way to import data to SQL, it would be great if those reports included only differences (so that the file size is smaller). Right now the differences can only be output to text file if I am not mistaken.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you generate a report, there is a check box just above the last line in the dialog ‘Also include identical objects’ – if you uncheck this, then only differences will be output in your report.

• Add line comparison at the bottom of the object comparison pane

In the excellent file comparison tool Beyond Compare from Scooter Software, there is a full width line comparison view across the bottom of both comparison panes. This is extremely useful when comparing long lines of text and saves scrolling left and right all the time.

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        completed  ·  AliceEAliceE responded

SQL Compare does have this functionality: If you click on the Show dropdown (just above the differences pane), and select Line Differences. Is this the behaviour you were looking for?

• Don't see your idea?

SQL Compare

Feedback and Knowledge Base