Skip to content

SQL Data Compare

Welcome to the SQL Data Compare feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Data Compare at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-data-compare/

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Data Compare, please visit the forums at https://forums.red-gate.com/viewforum.php?f=201 or our support portal.

SQL Data Compare

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7 results found

1. Due to eyesight problems, I have to turn off all anti aliasing, or I get very big headaches and it's impossible to work.

While the main UI of SQLDC (and all other RedGate tools for that matter) respects this setting and renders correctly, quite a lot of the dialog boxes (such as "running deployment", "comparing databases", "new project" and "application options") do not.

I apologise in advance if this sounds like nit picking and a minor inconvenience to you, but this is something that I have to struggle with every day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have eyesight issues that mean that I need to take steps to reduce my eye strain when using the computer. One of the things that seems to help (counter intuitively, it would seem) is to switch off "smooth edges of screen fonts". However RedGate tools seem to ignore this setting altogether.

Can you guys address this please? It doesn't affect SQL Source Control (fortunately), but render SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare physically painful to use at times.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In SQL Data Compare, when I click on the box to show Value details, the box pops up just fine. However, I really really want it to close when I hit Escape. Having to actually 'X' out of that box bothers me. I may have dozens or hundreds of records I need to check quickly, and it takes so much longer.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Yes its difficult to implement. And maybe not possible in all ways. But we have here really simple SQL 2 SQL Server Comparsions and enable the sync of timestamps would really helpful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Perhaps include an option to allow for data masking / obfuscation in SQL Data Compare.
    I think this will help with moving data from Prod to Dev for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

You may want to investigate our tool SQL Data Generator which can do exactly what you want.

We’ll be looking into making it easier to setup masking so if you’d like to chat about your details requirements please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

6. There is an PK defined as PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED, this Key will not be found AS comparison Key in Version 12, in Version 11 OK

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Sam Blackburn responded

Unfortunately we’re not able to reproduce this issue in our lab. If the primary keys have different names on left/right then both versions 11 and 12 report “unable to compare” but we can’t find any regression in the new major version. We will be happy to continue the investigation if you can send us a reproduction.

7. Just goes to a blank "installation summary" report and stalls after checking for running applications.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had problems with the Data Compare installer. The support team should be able to help you resolve this – please e-mail support@red-gate.com

This uservoice forum is intended to help us prioritise longer term feature requests, while the support team are there to help with individual bug-fixing/problem solving.

• Don't see your idea?