Skip to content

SQL Data Compare

Welcome to the SQL Data Compare feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Data Compare at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-data-compare/

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Data Compare, please visit the forums at https://forums.red-gate.com/viewforum.php?f=201 or our support portal.

SQL Data Compare

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• or

71 results found

1. I have eyesight issues that mean that I need to take steps to reduce my eye strain when using the computer. One of the things that seems to help (counter intuitively, it would seem) is to switch off "smooth edges of screen fonts". However RedGate tools seem to ignore this setting altogether.

Can you guys address this please? It doesn't affect SQL Source Control (fortunately), but render SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare physically painful to use at times.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using SQL Data Compare I sometimes save projects with dozens of tables mapped out, and where clause filters. Using a multi-tenant database, I often find I need to limit the results to those that have a specific CompanyId or something similar, and I want to be able to run the project for different values quickly. It would be very helpful if I could define a variable in the project ...

e.g. @myCompanyId uniqueidentifier = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000';

then use that in my where clauses so I only have to update it in one place when it is used in dozens of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SQL Data Compare report output can be hard to read on a small laptop screen. Zoom capability with horizontal/vertical scroll capability would be helpful for viewing report output on smaller screens.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I use SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare and am often multi-tasking while running things. When I get back to the product, I can't remember if the results being shown are after a compare finished, or after I deployed differences.

I would like to suggest an indicator, icon, or bar be included in the display to tell me the last step that was run by the tool (e.g. Compare Completed, Deployment to [left | right] completed, etc...), or maybe a summary of the last step (compare completed #### differences found, ##,### records added | updated | deleted on 5/6/2024 2:14…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. to make a green field before compare. Mostly i use Data compare to refresh data from the live system to the dev/qa/... which is sometimes a mess. So i have to clear the target tables by hand before.

This could be done in a global switch in "Edit project" -> "Options" but during the Deploy workflow I would remind the user and let him uncheck if required.

Or at least make a clipboard copy for the scheme.tablename from the result window to make a manual truncate easier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We use data compare to run a sync of lots of data across many tables all linked to a specific organization in a multi-tenant db.
    It would be great to be able to define a variable at the project level, e.g. InstanceID, then be able to set a sql comparison to InstanceID = [InstanceID] (or @InstanceID). That way we could copy a project and just edit the InstanceID instead of going into 30 definitions and changing every ID. Would be most useful as a simple text replace, so we could use "between 1 and 2" or like 'abc%'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I sometimes need to make changes to both the From database and the To database, it would be useful to be able to change the direction of the deployment script after having completed the comparison of the data. This would be useful in the SQL Compare tool as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hi there,

i would like to have a continuous behavior throughout the whole application regarding "Escape" -> Cancel and "RETURN" -> Accept.

Its basically the same like his idea:
    https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/147879-sql-data-compare/suggestions/37568173-escape-to-close-value-details
    but everywhere in the whole Red-Gate ecosystem would be much appretiated.

regards,
    Martin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My suggestion is to have an option to drop a foreign key in data compare instead of doing a "NOCHECK" / "WITH CHECK CHECK CONSTRAINT" with an "ALTER TABLE". Yes the way its done covers most cases but sometime the foreign key name need to be renamed in the same time. A drop/create can solve the issue. It's just a way to provide more control.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. using the SQL Data Compare version 10 and Version 14.1 ( by the way I saw the same issue in version 13.)
    For tables where the user has to set the Comparison Keys
    In version 10 when the Comparison Key is SET and it changes to Custom , the check both between the two databases been compared is selected automatically. This is not the case in version 14.1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In SQL Data Compare, when I click on the box to show Value details, the box pops up just fine. However, I really really want it to close when I hit Escape. Having to actually 'X' out of that box bothers me. I may have dozens or hundreds of records I need to check quickly, and it takes so much longer.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?