Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

129 results found

1. As with Schema compare tool, Data compare Tool should generate an interactive report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2.         It would be awesome if the tool would let automatic re-compiles work with Locked objects when a package spec/body is invalidated by a change to another package.  As it is now - and automatic re-compile (without a code change) is blocked by the REDGATE.CHECK_LOCKS database trigger.

Could Red Gate be changed to allow automatic re-compiles (as opposed to code change compiles)?  Perhaps performing a checksum between the code and the Subversion repository could work (though this would require the database instance to communicate with the repository).

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Source Control  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When your source or destination is an SVN repository allow to select a specific revision of the repository.

It is true that there are workarounds for this but it would save time to do it automatically in the tool because now either you have to checkout or update to an specific revision from the svn or you have to create tags in your repository for each version.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. often when I am going through a compare or check in list, I am looking at changes and looking for a set of changes to check in, or a set of changes to make a script for. As I'm going down the list, I would like to just remove matches as I go. Sometimes I want to remove a whole block, then resort by something else then remove another block, so I can quickly narrow results down (and often don't want to create a filter for this, becuase it changes, this is more of a one time thing). Now if…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm this is because the list doesn’t currently allow multiple rows to be selected currently. Correct?

5. Create snapshot options should be similar to those in the SQL Server tool. We are currently limited to snapshot only from TNS and manual connection. We should have the options to create a snapshot from script file or source control. This is vital to our build automation

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this once you have performed a comparison the UI. I presume you mean using the “Create snapshot” in the start menu.

6. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use any source control system in the v3 release of the tool by using “Working folder” which saves changes to disk and allows you to use external tools to commit and retrieve your changes.

7. I'd like the ability to compare schema, role and other database level objects for deployment. Most notably schemas (users) and roles.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The tool does not support keyboard shortcuts so a user must rely on slowly moving the mouse around to configure the app. An example is that to add multiple schemas, I have to click
    Edit Project --> put my hands on the keyboard to search --> back to mouse to select Next --> Next --> Move mouse and select Edit Project... continue

Many developers rely on keyboard shortcuts to speed work and it is common in most UIs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Source Control  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give the possibility to CheckIn Scripts without error-checking optionaly!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The step where the product (Source Control for Oracle) accesses the Oracle instance to return a list of schemas is taking a long time to run, and in one of my development instances, it actually fails to finish.

It seems to be running the following SQL

(SELECT username, 'TRUE' as isempty from allusers
    minus
    select owner, 'TRUE' as isempty from allobjects)
    union all
    ( SELECT username, 'FALSE' as isempty from allusers
    intersect
    select owner, 'FALSE' as isempty from allobjects)

if the query accepts parameter(s), it should speed up that part tremendously.

(SELECT…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am comparing two versions of a vendor application db, and sometimes they change columns names (even when not necessary). The tool needs a way to bind these two together.

It could be done with a simple mechanism under the hood, like simply creating a (new) common field alias name between the two queries.

It would be good if it could be implemented to allow general sql field query/conversion logic (where meaningful). For instance, sometimes even when keeping the name identical, other aspects of the field might have been changed which could lead to false positives for changes.

e.g. a…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is a major issue

If I configure a compare between two schemas, with field restrictions, and where clauses, save it as a profile, and copy to a new file, those settings all get clobbered when I try to configure the same compare between two different schemas/instances.

Even if the setup as is definitely applies to these new targets, the tool reexamines the table structure, and enables everything, tossing all my configs, even when I don't want it to. I'm sure this was envisioned as a helpful 'feature', but it's needless. It's destroying my work, and could have been accomplished…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. as SQL Schema compare sdk

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When generating a deployment script in Schema Compare for Oracle you have the option to 'Exclude schema names in the deployment script'. Please could we have the same functionality in Data Compare for Oracle. This would be very useful when applying the script to different schemas.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With a maven plugin developers could easily automate deploys. The plugin should be configureable, but include the possibilites of first pulling from a developer database into svn. Then pushing the changes from svn (including other changes registered in SVN) towards a deploy test database.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Once created, there is no easy way to see which parameters were used (and none for things like username, and what the user connected as)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add support for IBM Rational ClearCase to Source Control for Oracle

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use any source control system in the v3 release of the tool by using “Working folder” which saves changes to disk and allows you to use external tools to commit and retrieve your changes.

18. We would like to have an option to enable automated check-ins. Basically, this should poll the database after every "x" minutes and see if there are any pending changes and use a automated comment like -

"Changed these objects on [date/time] by [xyz] -
    table1,
    view1,
    package1,
    package2
    function1"

(Please add any more relevant data you feel would be necessary)

Ideally, we would want to check in every script as soon as it is deployed in the database. But since, for doing that you would need an extension in our IDE, automated polling would be sufficient as well. The aim…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure how generally useful this feature would be. I’m trying to understand your use case to see what problem you’re trying to solve.

Could you give me more details?

19. Please add the ability to undo changes to an object in the check in screen. They should be undone to the latest version in source control.

Much like this feature in SQL Source Control: http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/SQL_Source_Control/help/3.1/SSC_Undo

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For any objects that are CREATE OR REPLACE, highlight the code under “Source Control” in the check-in screen and execute it in your schema to get back to the version in source control.

This will not work for tables and please keep voting/commenting here if you need this.

20. Please add support for versioning Java source code within the Oracle database, for example Java Stored Procedures

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?