Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

129 results found

1. Here is the issue we are having.

Two developers are working on different instances of the same database schema. If both of them add grants to the same user or role to different objects an issue arises when trying to commit to the repository.

The user that commits second will have a conflict.

If they choose the repository's grants for that user, they will lose their changes on their instance.
    It they choose the database's grants for that user, they will overwrite the other user's changes in the repository.

It would be really nice to have one of these options…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently we have to select if each conflict should be resolved using the database or source control version individually. In our environment we always apply changes to the database so it is always the master. Would be very useful for us to be able to say resolve all conflicts using the database copy.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a way of editing an existing project

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Source Control for Oracle v5.7, you can update your database credentials – https://documentation.red-gate.com/soco/release-notes-and-other-versions/source-control-for-oracle-5-7-release-notes.

In 2019, we released Redgate Change Control, which is our migrations-based solution for versioning database changes. We are working towards merging these 2 tools into 1 tool for all your database versioning needs. At this time, we’ll hope to have a better way to edit other project information.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

5. Why i must create the same connection in each tool again? Please save connection strings global for all your tools and let me select the connection i need from a list within each of your tools.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow us to add database level objects to source control (schemas/roles/profiles/quotas/objects)

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Instead of take database version, or take source control version, we sometimes wish to merge the two changes.

(If you vote on this idea please also mention any tools you use for merging files in source control)

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have dozens of schemas in our shared test database, and they're all part of the same project, so they would be versioned together.

The current flow of the project creation wizard makes adding all these schemas one at a time to the new project a real pain.

So, at the moment, when creating the project, we have to choose a single schema from Step 3 (Choose a Schema), then type in the name of the schema to serve as the folder name in Step 4 (Choose a Folder), then click "Add another schema..." and do the same thing again…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Redgate Change Control, our migrations-based versioning tool, users can specify multiple schemas in a comma separate list. We’re working to merge these tools together and have 1 tool for versioning database changes. When we do this, we’re hoping to make working with multiple schemas easier.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

9. It would be convenient to be able to share source control projects with other users. Without this you either have to only have one person managing the sync between the database and source control system or each person has to create a project on their machine with the same settings.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In 2019, we launched Redgate Change Control, our migrations-based versioning tool, which has a way to Open a project that you get from version control. We’re working to merge these tools together and have 1 tool for versioning database changes. When we do this, we’re hoping to make sharing projects with others easier.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Thank you!

10. 78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Linux cmdlines for Schema Compare for Oracle, Data Compare for Oracle, and Code Analysis for Oracle are now available on Linux. These can be downloaded from https://documentation.red-gate.com/dso.

We are also working on merging our Source Control for Oracle tool (our state-based database versioing tool) with Redgate Change Control (our mibrations-based database versioinng tool) to handle all your database versioning needs. This will be available on Linux. More information about Redgate Change Control is available at https://documentation.red-gate.com/dso/redgate-change-control/getting-started-with-redgate-change-control.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

11. I would prefer if the generated script would use insert/update/delete commands for each records instead of execute immediate.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice if SC for Oracle could have support for versioning both public and private database links.

For private db links, because only the schema owner can create them, you might need to version them, but not expect to be able to create/replace them via the SC for Oracle interface, because the person logged into version control may not be the owner of the schema (and thus, couldn't create them). If nothing else, you could at least let us know when they differ from what's in source control, and we can manually (outside of SC for Oracle) adjust…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Various issues could be avoided by allowing indexes to be ignored when comparing.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if SC for Oracle could add versioning support for directory objects and their privileges.

These are the directory objects that are created like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY temp AS 'c:\temp';

and the list of directory objects comes from sys.alldirectories and their permissions from alltab_privs, like this:

SELECT alltabprivs.*
    FROM alldirectories
    JOIN all
    tabprivs ON (alltabprivs.tableschema = 'SYS' AND alldirectories.directoryname = alltabprivs.table_name);

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the ability to revert my schema(s) to a previous from the history tab.

I understand this is currently possible by checking the version out to a folder, and using Schema Compare to deploy changes, but it would be much more convenient (and cheaper!) from within Source Control.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Without wishing to start a religious war, am I really alone in disliking all-caps formatting for keywords? I don't want to be shouted at when looking at scripts ... and in our modern era of editors with colour coding it's unnecessary.

And the use of quotes for column names when it's not necessary?

And the inclusion of "NULL" for table columns when it could be left out?

And, for readability, I normally format table creation scripts (and others) so the column names line up, the column types line up, the "not null" clauses (if present) line up, etc.

And any…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's less an idea than a complaint. I'm a seasoned DBA working with a large number of developers. Developers do not have elevated privilege access to our QA or production environments. I'm wanting to set up a wallet so this tool can access those environments without requiring login/password information. I've setup sqlnet.ora and ldap.ora (we don't use tnsnames.ora) and can connect via the wallet entry using SQL*Plus on my local machine without issue. However, your product (Schema Compare) fires off an ORA-01017 (invalid login/password). Yet when I use normal credentialed login procedures via Schema Compare, the test works just fine.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The scripts can become quite large when comparing tables. Need a way to make the scrips smaller - multiple outputs for same table - in order to have a script that is runnable in sql. For example - when comparing a table that generates 50K records the output script is not editable by most editors - need to break it out in multiple files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. On git when new Features are merged into Develop Branch , Source Control take Database Schema as Good and not the new changes on Develop. If like don't considerate last DDL TIme of an object to diff between new and old.

One example are Hot Fix merged on Develop branch, when a horfix was resolved and you are going to integrate changes in Develop Database, Source Control consider Develop Database as Good schema and not the new Hot Fix Change merged into Develop Branch. Generating Check In changes and not Get In Updates.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Source Control  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?