Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

53 results found

1. When re-linking databases to source control, there is a warning message about loosing all uncommitted migration scripts, with only a OK/Cancel option. It's seems there should be an option for 'take me to the commit page' so that I can commit those scripts, then re-link.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SQL has the feture to view object dependencies. but, it dont have it for SQL logins. So, it will be good to have this feature in this s/w

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the ability to move column order
    Example I would like the Owner Column next to the Object Name

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want a check on commit for all the items I intend to check in to make sure that there is not a newer version available. In the case where there is, I want to be presented with a list of those changes for review before anything is committed.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a service broker application where some parts such as service routes etc must be defined per database configuration, thus certain components change per installation so it would be nice to tag such items as TO DO items, like wise once complete when comparing to latest or changes the item is not displayed as an object that has changed.

Going further it might be nice to populate table data that also configures per installation as well

perhaps use of extended properties, or a file present in source. I had taken the source code and placed a comment in it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I had to apply this index to tempdb (created by my missing index script).

CREATE INDEX [missingindex2019RG_AllObjects] ON [tempdb].[dbo].[RG_AllObjects] ([Expired]) INCLUDE ([DatabaseID], [ObjectType], [ObjectID])

This is a work-around until the DB service gets re-started and then I have to re-execute the statement because tempdb gets re-built.

Also, there is no way that I know of to disable Sql Prompt which was blocking the create index statement. The only way I got the index applied was to hop to another computer without Sql Prompt.

Index management in tempdb needs to be managed better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Everytime I try to Get Latest I get the following....

System.Exception: Failed to update to the head revision after 10 attempts ---> System.Exception: Failed to update to the head revision after 10 attempts
    at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.LinkedDatabase.GetDatabaseFolderWorkspaces(ICancellableOperationStatus status, IScriptFolderStructure scriptFolderStructure, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks callBacks, SourceControlRevision& revision)
    at #GWeb.#WXM.#Fieb()
    at #GWeb.#Wheb.#tieb(Func1 )
    at #GWeb.#WXM.#8ZW(Boolean )
    at #GWeb.#XXM.#yRW()
    at #GWeb.#WXM.#qYM()
    at #GWeb.#XXM.#iS()
    at #qlhb.#0heb.#l36(String , #1heb , ICancellableOperationStatus )
    at #qlhb.#K3c.#83c(String , #O9U , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
    at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Diff.Memoization.ReattachableMemoizer.#A3.#eL5b(ICancellableOperationStatus )
    at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Diff.Memoization.ReattachableMemoizer.#YZBc.#jzb.#Qnw()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Diff.Memoization.ReattachableMemoizer.#YZBc.#VAb.#xSXc()
    at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Diff.Memoization.ReattachableMemoizer.#uz2b(String , IDatabaseConnection , #1heb , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , Action

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If I make a change to a proc in management studio editor, then execute the alter. That change is not reflected in object explorer until i do a refresh of object explorer. After the commit SQL source control still show a change and this can result in your change reverting if you press commit again. Therefore sql source control should do a refresh of the committed object in object explorer after every commit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If there is a new Filter available at the moment this gets listed in the Get Latest tab with all other objects. Really you should apply this first before committing changes or getting latest. If you don’t there’s a danger you commit or get objects that should be excluded by the filter.
    For example if a new filter excludes Users and Roles, but you fail to synch this before committing latest you can easily commit recently created users and roles that should simply have been excluded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When attempting to get latest changes and an error occurs, please be more detailed (e.g table, data, column, etc.) that caused the error that will allow user to correct the error. It is possible the user getting the latest change was the person responsible for the error, making it difficult to trouble shoot when your database is relatively large.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to apply the SVN Relocate command. I often switch between our SVN server while on the LAN, but then when on the road I connect "relocate" to the SVN server using external IP address of the server using the SVN relocate command.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can you please provide a way to "Uncheck" the entire list of objects on the "Get Latest" tab. I have 100+ objects ( Team of 6 Devs ) to get latest and 3 or 4 objects have issues, so I have to manually uncheck each of the 100 checkboxes and then check just the ones I think are ok to check in

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?