Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

4 results found

1. With the release of Schema Compare for Oracle V3.1.3, the one Ignore Storage Option was split into 7 separate options (plus the Include All Storage Options). One of the 7 separate options is the “tablespaces and partitioning”.

Please consider splitting the option into two separate options one for "tablespaces' and the other for 'partitioning'.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The filtering limitation to just “contains” is really frustrating and very time consuming.

· How hard can it be to use one simple wild card (“” or “%”) to define patterns? That way I can specify a specific object name, i.e. “s” or all objects starting with, i.e. “s”, or any object containing, i.e. “s”, or any object ending with, i.e. “*s”. This would add so much for so little. This seems to be an enormous oversight and by far my single biggest frustration with the tool.

· Not as important but useful would be being…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is not possible to see the entire database name in Schema Compare (and I think elsewhere)... The text fiield is too short. Have a screenshot if desired.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support an LDAP connection, so the server name is not required. We would like to use a server alias only, so that all developers don't have to know or update the server name locally.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

I’ve got a working prototype that allow connections via LDAP. You will need to have the oracle client installed and in the TNS Connection – Network Alias field enter the ldap server alias.

I have now extended this to allow “OS Authentication” which seems to work on my very simple AD implementation.

This is now in our latest release via “Check for Updates”

• Don't see your idea?