Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

5 results found

1. Could you please make it possible to compare tables with different tablenames?

This should be applied to all tools.

I do believe this is possible in the SQL Server-tools.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We frequently bring data from production databases to staging and development environments, it involves around 120 tables , but to start with we want to pick 3 or 4 huge tables(rows ~ 3 million) and see how much time it will take to do data comparison and deploy differences, instead of copying down entire tables.Also please see if you can develop the functionality of selecting a list of tables for comparison before registering entire databases.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now use Ignore Rules to specify what tables to include/exclude in your comparison – https://documentation.red-gate.com/dco5/setting-up-the-comparison/using-ignore-rules.

You also have the ability to specify what tables and WHERE clauses, if needed:
    - https://documentation.red-gate.com/dco5/setting-up-the-comparison/selecting-tables-to-compare
    and
    - https://documentation.red-gate.com/dco5/setting-up-the-comparison/filtering-the-comparison-with-a-where-clause

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

3. the SQL Server version supports views

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

I’ve just done initial work for this which should find it’s way into the next release. Obviously comparing and then syncing views depends a lot on their definition.

This will be enabled by an option for the project which is off by default.

This is now available via check for updates or to be downloaded from our website.

4. Errorlevel is not updated by DCO32.exe if there are différences in data of two schémas.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Richard Mitchell responded

In the next release SDC should return 61 if there were differences or 62 if there were differences and the synchornization failed.

This hasn’t been thoroughly tested to any issues please let support@red-gate.com know.

By the way I can see you commenting on your own idea :)

5. When I used this tool, I want that, by default, he copies over all data exactly the same as they exist in the source; so including trailing spaces.

In my opinion you set/change an option if you want that your data should be 'transformed' during the transfer form source to target. At that moment, it is a conscious choice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Data Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi Jan,

I’m going to close this as David mentions you should be able to save your default comparison options. Do let us know if that isn’t the case.

Michael

• Don't see your idea?