Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

587 results found

1. When you select a database in the object explorer tree, then click on the link to existing repository in the red gate source control pane, the highlighted database isn't very obviously highlighted (dependin on your colour scheme) because the object explorer no longer has focus.

In addition, with multiple databases, it may not be obvious which server the selected database is on.

With the link to subversion repository dialog open, it is difficult to check which database is selected - a problem if you have to link a number of databases on a number of servers, and have lost track…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ask question - when unlinking a database - about removing files from source-control repository yes/no

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We've got around 2000 objects (tables, views, SPs, etc) and retrieving the entire list (from SVN and the DB) seems to take forever (and actually takes around 30 seconds). Too long. Cache, and refresh on demand, or prior to commit / get latest (i.e. when it matters if the objects are the latest).

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Numerous source control products support the SCCI interface standard. We use 3 products between numerous clients. TFS, VSS, and Seapine SCM. Another possibility is PureSCM.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've written my own tool to do this --- a heavy edit of http://www.codeplex.com/scriptio actually --- and this new product differs in at least three respects: the white space (indenting tabs, blank lines), the directory structure (example: "Functions" and "Stored Procedures" should be under "Programmability"), and extra command (example: CREATE USER has CREATE LOGIN and GRANT CONNECT around it). Why not match the SMO output exactly?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why not offer a "SQL Source Control" entry in the right-click menu for the instance itself, so that I can look through/update/commit changes to/from several databases at once? Why do I have to specify a separate link for each database I'm interested in? Starting at the instance level would allow me to not only find all changes, it would also permit tracking objects within the instance but outside any database, such as "Security/Logins", "Security/Server Roles", "SQL Server Agent/Jobs", "Server Objects/Endpoints", and "Server Objects/Linked Servers".

215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have SSMS solutions that contain only our stored procedures, functions, and views. We have these solutions in Subversion repositories and are currently using TortoiseSVN to manage changes. It would be great if this tool (or a similar one) would support Subversion integration with SSMS much like the existing support for Visual Source Safe.

It could be much like VisualSVN but for Management Studio instead of Visual Studio.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 26 27 28 30 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?