Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

40 results found

1. Add Commit name in ChangeLog DB
    To manage release in DB Commit name can be add where Change
    Log DB is active.
    The goal is to use This DB to log the name of the last commit for an object. it can be use for a lot of cases.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using TFS where a reference to a bug or work-item is enforced as a check-in prerequisite. When typing in a comment, it's easy to forget the #A... rule. especially since TFS has a #[item number] rule without the "A". In adition it is not clear how to refer to multiple items.
    An extra field instead of "comment syntax" would make life easier.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello, I would like to suggest adding a feature to encrypt all stored procedures and functions in an SQL Database for one main purpose which is to protect the logic and code inside the database, and this is to protect the Copywrite of the developers' software. The encryption/decryption should be done using a password; as the decryption should be available for the development team only.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide the capability to save the users last sort settings. For example on the Commit tab if I sort by last changed by (asd); the next time I go to the Commit tab it should be sorted by last changed by (asd).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Redgate still does not Support Database properties??

They shuold support properties like (Transaction Isolation level (Read Committed, Snapshot)Ansi Null, Quoted Identifier). These are Crucial. I cannot believe these are not in source control yet. The product has been out since 2006.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is very hard to do manual database link to repository/SVN if dealing with large number of databases (200 plus within one team) across large number of source control group. Every team member has to spend time and carefully map repository folder.

One user perform manual link to repository and his/her/ setting validated by QA Team before distributing link config file (xml) to the user group.

The basic requirement is user should be connected with the DB server and pass the repository path and credential. you may design few screen to navigate and collect user input based on provider input…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bitbucket allow to use Selfsigned certificate but you need to add on the server trusted store. With the Bitbucket version 5.3.1 the Source control when push is throwing an error "failed to send request: A certificate is required o complete client authentication". and souce control doesn't have the ability to use trusted store.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I develop and have to switch between multiple databases and the source control tab keeps following the database I am on. When I want to commit changes I have to stay put otherwise I keep losing the progress looking for changes. It would be nice to have the option of which database we are looking at from the tab itself, instead of from the SQL Management Studio one

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Git requires a commit message by default however SQL Source Control circumvents this setting and commits without a message. There are a few other submissions attempting to get this fixed which have been declined. Seems you are missing the point.

In the case "Empty commit message for git is invalid" the very article you've linked points out that it takes special command line flag to commit without a message. SQL source control commits without a message and provides no mechanism to prevent this. There is no configuration for git that will do this because the default git behavior is already…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the commit tab you can see the differences between source control and the database which makes it great for deciding what you want to commit or rollback. If you select items in this tab and them right click and undo changes your selections are lost and you have to re-select in the Undo Changes dialog which doesn't let you see the change.

As a developer I want to be able to see the change that I am about to undo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm linking to an existing database using a local folder. The database is linked in shared mode.

The local folder was built by SSDT and contains a .sqlproj file. I'm notified of the beta functionality when linking, so I know SQL Source Control identifies the project as linking to SSDT.

When I add a stored procedure, the resulting script starts with:
    SET QUOTEDIDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    SET ANSI
    NULLS ON
    GO

These statements don't compile in SSDT. The first statement in each script must be a create statement.

I had removed these lines from the statement that I ran against…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get rid of the option for anybody to unlock an object, but instead allow to unlock only by the person that locked the object or by a group in group role in the database where only few people have access.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are unable to use SQL Compare to deploy Migration Scripts to all of our environments and simultaneously maintain commit level control over what does or does not get deployed to each environment for each release, especially with the high volume of changes and the number of last minute changes to release choices in the final stages of release planning. The amount of manual review of the final deployment script is unsustainable.

Using Powershell, we would like to auto-generate Migration Scripts for each Commit/ChangeSet and Commit those Migration Scripts to TFS. This would allow us to modify the content of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add option like SQL Search application for quick acces to object

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have asked for this from support several years ago when the Source Control first was offered. Surprised still no command line interface. The ability to automate saving db changes automatically into TFS or GIT would be widely accepted by the DBA community. I would purchase it tomorrow if was made available.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. With Many databases source controlled. It would be great if there was a function to view changes and updates across all databases. At the moment databases have to be updated one by one. very time consuming

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Most objects are shared among our several databases, while some only apply to some (or only one) of our databases. Add the ability to ignore objects by database by right-clicking the database object and clicking a menu item like "Ignore this object in this database" and/or "Ignore this object in all databases except this database". So then we don't need to have an object in one/many of of our databases that is not used in that database(s), source control would not show the need to be updated or added because it is on the ignore list for that database.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm missing native support for AccuRev (http://www.accurev.com/) in the SQL Source Control product.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Such tags might include task/issue tracking numbers, Agile cycle, or other relevant information. Such a feature would allow for the correlation of management of activities beyond the RedGate tool.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?