Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Source conrtol should be a standalone app not SSMS addin. When performing get latest or commits, on large environments and slow connections this can easily take 20 minutes during which a click anywhere else in SSMS restarts the get latest/commit process. The logical use of source control being a SSMS addon has been outlived.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are building a standalone version, which resolves some (not all) of the performance concerns that exist in the current tool. We are hoping for an early preview release in Q1 2021. Please get in touch if you’d like to try it.

2. Currently SQL Source Control is crashing when SQL 2016-specific code is used, for example:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #input;

It should recognize this code since SQL Server 2016 works with it.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  fiona.gazeley responded

This is caused by the SQL Compare parser not understanding this syntax. The good news is the SQL Compare team are currently working on SQL Server 2016 parser support. Once this work is done and SQL Source Control is updated with the latest SQL Compare engine, I will update this request again.

3. We are a shop that have multiple systems for clients that we managed from within a single database, using a separate Schema for each system.

I would like to be able to link a TFS database to a filtered list of objects (preferably) an entire schema but I could see where others might like just a subset of other objects.

If this is currently possible please let me know but I do not see a way to accomplish this without having a separate database for each system per client.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. History window should indicate the fact that some of the changes are covered by the migration scripts and provide the ability to view these scripts

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  History/Log  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been working on v2 of Migrations, which stores migrations scripts in a table valued function within the database. This table valued function appears in the history. An Early Access Release of SQL Source Control is now available and can be downloaded from http://documentation.red-gate.com/display/MV2.

NOTE: This is an Early Access Release and is not fully tested or functionally complete yet. It would be great if you could try it in a test environment and let us know about your experiences so we can fix any issues and try to make any updates you need before the full release.

Thank you!
    Stephanie Herr :-)
    SQL Source Control Product Manager

5. I'd like to see migration scripts support for PlasticSCM. Why isn't something that is written as a "plugin"? Plastic isn't supported out of the box, but it's a simple enough matter to make a config file for it. Why can't the same be done for migrations? Allow the end user to create a config file (perhaps requiring the use of regular expressions for history parsing) or some other such mechanism. It seems like this should be a relatively straightforward thing to be able to do (it would also allow the customers to create the support for any SCM system they…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Elizabeth Ayer responded

Hello! We believe that this now works if you’re connecting to PlasticSCM with the working folder option in SQL Source Control. Before we close this request, though, we’re hoping that one of you with a real installation can check it out and let us know.

If you don’t have the tool installed, you can download it from http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you already have SQL Source Control you can get the new version via Check for updates in the Help menu of SQL Source Control inside SSMS.

Thank you for sticking with us while we worked on this, and please keep the feedback coming!

6. would be really nice on the conflict screen if you didn't have to click up on the row then move mouse down to option button way at bottom, 185 TIMES! If you could just select a range and say 'take mine' or page down with arrow key and hit an F key F1 mine, F2 Theirs...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?