Skip to content

SQL Source Control

Welcome to the SQL Source Control feature suggestion list. Find out more information about SQL Source Control at http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/.

If you have any questions, need help or have found a bug in SQL Source Control, please review our support information http://redgatesupport.red-gate.com/home.

To get new features, performance improvements and bug fixes as soon as they’re available, you may want to turn on frequent updates: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-source-control/frequent-updates

SQL Source Control

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

179 results found

1. Ran into an issue when entering a stored procedure with a semi colon in it.

Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: Errors occured whilst parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\4c857d86-7cf5-464b-86bc-01d4f22d1423\Stored Procedures\Article.GetArticlesByKewords.sql

'line 47:2: unexpected token: [";",<631>,line=47,col=2] [char=1276]'
    ---> cZ: Errors occured whilst parsing file C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Source Control 0\WorkingBases\4c857d86-7cf5-464b-86bc-01d4f22d1423\Stored Procedures\Article.GetArticlesByKewords.sql
    'line 47:2: unexpected token: [";",<631>,line=47,col=2] [char=1276]'
    ---> line 47:2: unexpected token: [";",<631>,line=47,col=2] [char=1276]
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at #oEc.#7Jf.#t.#B3.#sKf()
    at #oEc.#7Jf.#gKf(Action action)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
    at #eEc.#fEc.#t.#izb.#j5f()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[]…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I had disconnected a DB from source control due to performance issues. I have a work-around supplied by RG tech support. When I tried to re-link, I got this message and I am unable to link to the DB in source control.

Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[Transaction] for the FKTransactionDataTransaction foreign key. ---> RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.SqlCompareException: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[Transaction] for the FKTransactionDataTransaction foreign key. ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1435, offset:37 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 211, offset:38 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1369, offset:0 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. text area too small- didnt even notice it. Would be good to have multiline comments.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think this product is brilliant and delivers simple version control for databases - something that has always been lacking. I do agree though that it would be nice to have more SVN options via the SQL Server interface

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integration with SQL Refactor is crucial. Smart Rename should be noted by SQL Source Control and a commit should do a rename on the object in SVN to keep commit comments.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can right-click on a database (or item within) in Object Explorer and see a choice labelled "SQL Source Control", but all it does is open the tab in the main area. It would be great if it also had a submenu (like TortoiseSVN does in Windows Explorer) which offered "Update", "Commit", "Show log", "Diff", "Revert", "Delete" and so on. Actually it would be great if the latter actions were offered at all (show log, diff, etc.) because to do them now, I need to jump over to Windows Explorer and use Tortoise.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In EA2 (v0.2.1), we added Commit and Get Latest to the Object Explorer right click menu. If you would like other features, please vote/comment on the following (we would need to implement these first before adding them to the right click menu):
    Revert/Undo Pending Change – http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/491513-revert-undo-pending-change
    Show Log/History – http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/471982-tab-for-svn-log-show-history-
    Open DB from Source Control – http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/459952-open-a-database-from-source-control
    Diff/Compare with previous version – http://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39019-sql-source-control/suggestions/491523-diff-or-compare-versions-of-an-object

7. We evaluate SQL Source Control in an internal project and it already saves us a lot of time in our daily development work.

On top of our subversion we use a Continuous Intregration Server so it would be great if we could trigger SQL Source Control by that Server. A simple command line tool with some parameters would be sufficient to automatically sync a test database with the subversion so that afterwards a couple of SQL test scripts could be executed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A link to the windows folder where the database repository is stored would be good too.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Message shown after Registering Live Database stage of refreshing display.

Failed to update:

oEc.#8Jf: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[tbNMI] for the FKtbNMINSRDtbNMI foreign key. ---> RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.SqlCompareException: Failed to locate the target table [dbo].[tbNMI] for the FKtbNMINSRDtbNMI foreign key. ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1435, offset:37 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 211, offset:38 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1369, offset:0 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 210, offset:30 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 213, offset:38 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 773, offset:61 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 757, offset:31 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 771, offset:14 ---> SmartAssembly.SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException: SmartExceptionsCore.UnhandledException @ 1514, offset:36

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding a database to a repository and doing the first commits works very intuitively. Great job!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After granting the dbo schema rights to a userdefined role I can't commit it

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if it would be possible to create a database from source control using the command line interface (or some api).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When adding extended properties to tables (like an svn keyword) it fails to commit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I try to open up an analysis services database (to view), SQL Source Control crashes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After I connect to a database, everything works very intuitively. In fact it's so intuitive that I see my account used for commits, but I'm not sure where it found my login credentials. Is there a way to use a different set of credentials if you have multiple svn accounts?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote