Skip to content

Oracle

Welcome to our Oracle solution feature suggestion site. Find out more information about our current offering at www.redgate.com/oracle.

If you have any questions, need help, or have found a bug, please visit the forums at forum.red-gate.com/categories/oracle-tools.

Oracle

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

9 results found

1. Please add a way of editing an existing project

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Source Control for Oracle v5.7, you can update your database credentials – https://documentation.red-gate.com/soco/release-notes-and-other-versions/source-control-for-oracle-5-7-release-notes.

In 2019, we released Redgate Change Control, which is our migrations-based solution for versioning database changes. We are working towards merging these 2 tools into 1 tool for all your database versioning needs. At this time, we’ll hope to have a better way to edit other project information.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

2. We have dozens of schemas in our shared test database, and they're all part of the same project, so they would be versioned together.

The current flow of the project creation wizard makes adding all these schemas one at a time to the new project a real pain.

So, at the moment, when creating the project, we have to choose a single schema from Step 3 (Choose a Schema), then type in the name of the schema to serve as the folder name in Step 4 (Choose a Folder), then click "Add another schema..." and do the same thing again…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Redgate Change Control, our migrations-based versioning tool, users can specify multiple schemas in a comma separate list. We’re working to merge these tools together and have 1 tool for versioning database changes. When we do this, we’re hoping to make working with multiple schemas easier.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

3. 50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be convenient to be able to share source control projects with other users. Without this you either have to only have one person managing the sync between the database and source control system or each person has to create a project on their machine with the same settings.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In 2019, we launched Redgate Change Control, our migrations-based versioning tool, which has a way to Open a project that you get from version control. We’re working to merge these tools together and have 1 tool for versioning database changes. When we do this, we’re hoping to make sharing projects with others easier.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Thank you!

5. Add the ability to perform push and pull requests through the Source Control for Oracle GUI

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our new migrations-based solution, Redgate Change Control, we treat Git as a Distributed Version Control system with Push and Pull capabilities.

We are working towards merging these tools into 1 tool to meet all your database versioning needs. At that point, we should be able to provide push and pull for Git for state-based projects.

For more information about version control in Redgate Change Control, see https://documentation.red-gate.com/dso/redgate-change-control/version-control.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

6. Looking for feedback from our Oracle Users if they would like integration with Oracle SQL Developer.

Launch the tools from within the IDE.
    Or Perform Source Control for Oracle Check-in or Get Latest process from within the IDE.

Please comment or vote on this topic.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you put a and interactive-html-report and its images folder underneath htdoc of an http-server, the images fail to show in Firefox while working fine in Internet-Explorer. This can be fixed easily by changing function SetupImagesDir() :
    instead of the currently generated backslash:
    imagesdir = reportFileName + "images\";
    use forward slash:
    imagesdir = reportFileName + "
    images\/";

In my tests this works in both IE and FF both via direct file and http-server.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are hoping to soon update the report entirely to be more consistent with the report generated by SQL Compare, the SQL Server sister tool. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions on what the report should show.

8. Schema Compare should be able to ignore names for supplemental log groups. I have many differences on tables that I do not care about like this (the names were generated by GoldenGate):
    ALTER TABLE schemaname.tablename ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG GROUP ggs_84245 (columnname) ALWAYS;

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. often when I am going through a compare or check in list, I am looking at changes and looking for a set of changes to check in, or a set of changes to make a script for. As I'm going down the list, I would like to just remove matches as I go. Sometimes I want to remove a whole block, then resort by something else then remove another block, so I can quickly narrow results down (and often don't want to create a filter for this, becuase it changes, this is more of a one time thing). Now if…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  All Oracle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to confirm this is because the list doesn’t currently allow multiple rows to be selected currently. Correct?

• Don't see your idea?